3d

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iAssassinz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

how come my lol is not in 3d even tho i have a 3d card?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAssassinz View Post
how come my lol is not in 3d even tho i have a 3d card?

Firstly we have to understand what 3D is. Firstly there's normal 3D gaming, which is simply that games look three dimensional. All games these days are technically 3D.

HOWEVER, if you're thinking of 3D as in "Jumps out into your face and has depth of field" then you'll need to understand what 3D requires. Firstly, it needs a way to be "turned" 3D, via drivers and glasses usually. Nvidia offer 3D drivers as standard, ATI you'd have to purchase a third party 3D solution.

Next, do you have any 3D glasses? Anaglyph glasses (varying colors, eg Cyan and Red) are cheap, however they make most colors bland, if not greyed out, and can cause eye irratation and migranes after a while of usage.

If you have shutterglass glasses, you then need a compatible 3D Monitor. Samsung Syncmaster is the one I can think of off the top of my head, which offers 120Hz refresh rate (60Hz per eye). Normal monitors are NOT compatible with 3D, and even if you did get it to work it would basically mash your brain at 30Hz per eye.

I have a feeling your thinking a 3D graphics card is all you need, however as you can see above that's not the case. You need:

1) 3D Capable Graphics Card
2) 3D Drivers
3) 3D Capable Monitor
4) 3D Glasses

And from what I've seen, 3D solutions (decent ones at least) aren't cheap...