[Guide] Anivia "I bring the storm"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

So this is my 8th guide, it covers Anivia one of my favorite champions. http://itsnothax.com/?page_id=501

Disclaimer: This guide covers two build that I often use for Anivia. This guide is based on my personal experience with Anivia and what I have found effective, it does not express "the best build" or only build you should use for Anivia, just my personal preferences. There are many other builds for Anivia that are not included in my guide. If you feel anything in this guide needs to be removed, improved, or changed please let me know in a constructive manner. Thank you for reading.

Eppa

05-01-2010

I only read the item and skill build and I think it was good.

+1

Abaeddon

05-01-2010

This build actually worked pretty well for me.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

Okay, so I looked up your profile to see that you have 20 wins with Anivia. I have 40 wins on mine. Somehow, you already exceeded my "Time Spent Dead" statistic by 1.8k (total = 11,061). I don't know what to make of it, but I don't think it's looking good for you.

Anyways, there are a few nice jewels of advise I think you could really use.
--Frostbite -> Glacial Storm. Yes that's right. You chuck Frostbite FIRST, then you lay down Blizzard. Frostbite will still do double damage. I find this is more beneficial to do than R -> E for a few subtle reasons.
--Glacial Storm can be cast INSTANTLY.
--Glacial Storm turns off by itself if you go too far from it. This might happen in team fights or breaking up turret huggers hardcore.
--Glacial Storm and Flash Frost can double-proc items. R using it procs once, then turning off R procs again. Q using it procs once, Q for manual detonation procs again (letting Q fly the full course does not proc). You can also double-proc Lich Bane because of this hidden mechanic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
There is one extra "hidden" proc on all of the items with internal cooldowns.

So once it's fully charged, you can use it twice immediately, and it will build up one charge again per 3 seconds.

Another tidbit which is more or less not useful:
--You can Ghost through your own wall, keep this in mind if you're escaping through the jungle or something. Personally I have not found this to be incredibly useful, and I like stealing the enemy team's golem too. In a recent case of this actually being useful though, I was being chased by an Udyr, so I went my usual escape route, threw down a wall, and Ghosted through it. However, he followed with Flash! So I just Ghosted through it again and stuck out my tongue. Urge to taunt was high, but I didn't know who else was with him.

Anivia's versatility is fairly high, and I'm a little disappointed that you had little mention of semi-common "farmer" build, let alone adaptation in the middle of a game.
Two questions you can ask yourself:
--Early game: is the enemy able to dodge my Flash Frost consistently? If not, yeyz proceed to harass the shyt out of them! If they can, consider leveling up Flash Frost to farm ranged minions instead of leveling Frostbite (you still want levels in it just in case you DO hit the enemy champ(s)).
--Mid game: can I rely on a steady supply of blue rune buffs? Item progression could matter greatly depending on whether this is true or not.

The guide does its job in giving basic information to the Anivia beginner, but by no means will I actually recommend it to others, especially those looking to advance their game. Keep on working on it =)

JustDavid

05-01-2010

I'm not really sure why you would get a Lich Bane (well, I never liked lich bane anyhow). Other than that, it's similar to my build.

Also I find that frostbite -> glacial only works in some situations. With anivia slow moving speeds, it's more reasonable and likely to do it the other way around.

Other hints:

-Flash frost can be used to farm caster minions (almost goes without saying). With glacial, you can take down the whole mob extremely fast.
-Avoid spending too much time in frost bite's range. It's dangerous for most casters already, and even more so for anivia.
-Predict where the enemy will go when firing a flash frost. Predict when it will hit and time your movements to get in a frost bite as quickly as possible then go out. In otherwords, move in if you think flash frost is going to hit.
-If you are going to die and egg, die in a position where your team can save you or within tower range (early game).

Just from the top of my head.

Kajitii

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDavid View Post
Also I find that frostbite -> glacial only works in some situations. With anivia slow moving speeds, it's more reasonable and likely to do it the other way around.
It could just be my play style, but every possible combo has its own strengths and appropriate time to use them.

And glad I wasn't the only one that went "ehhh...?" when I saw Lichbane.

Dragonk

05-01-2010

Well first thank you for your feedback it was actually very helpful and I made some minor changes that probably should of been in there before I put it on he forums. (I had to go before I finished it but I wanted to get it on the forums fast).

I will add that to Ghost notes I totally forgot about that (I don't often use Ghost on Anivia).

Thanks for the double proc tip Kajiitii or I suppose Guinsoo too, thanks to both of you. (Everyone knows Glacial Storm is instant, if they don't they know after the first time they use it) I also also add that Glacial Storm turns off when you go out of range. (You should really turn it off yourself or your just wasting mana)

Quote:
Okay, so I looked up your profile to see that you have 20 wins with Anivia. I have 40 wins on mine. Somehow, you already exceeded my "Time Spent Dead" statistic by 1.8k (total = 11,061). I don't know what to make of it, but I don't think it's looking good for you.
Irrelevant but thanks for looking me up. You should keep in mind that I have double your overall wins however also irrelevant.

As for Lich Bane it works well on Anivia, her physical attack has a pretty far range, enough to hit over trees in jungle. Being able to hit for 500 or so with just a basic attack can be extremely helpful on any champ as it is.

Kajitii

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonk View Post
Irrelevant but thanks for looking me up. You should keep in mind that I have double your overall wins however also irrelevant.
I don't think it's entirely irrelevant.

I have kept your total wins in mind, and it doesn't tell me anything about how often you go against another Anivia and find out her weaknesses. Or how many times you lose. Or your overall ELO. Not insinuating that you're bad, for all I know you could have a 3:2 W/L ratio. I've faced up against terribad lvl 30s that had 300+ wins, and I've faced really scary lvl 25s with only 80 wins. Player skill bases come in all sorts of flavors, and I've made notes on possible correlations between stats and performance of the people I've played with and against (yeah I'm kinda OCD that way).

The real credentials come from stats of the champions played, as they are a little more specific, and two champions often don't play the same way. Again, I can't be sure that you're some gawdly player, or that you just load the dice, since you never announced your K/D/A, W/L, or some other significant figure. But what I can do is compare the numbers on my Anivia profile and yours, think about the way I've played Anivia, and draw some conclusions. Everything except the Time Spent Dead statistic seems to scale appropriately AFAIK, given that you have +-30% games lost with Anivia. You could say I am a coward for apparently having died so little, and I wouldn't exactly deny that either. From where I stand though, I can draw at least three factors explaining the statistic.
-1.) You are frequently in a bad position during team fights or just in general.
-2.) You play absurdly long games.
-3.) You are aggressive.
If it happens to be the first point, I can't say I would be too encouraged to try out your builds. Looking at your recent games, it's probably also the second point to blame as well, since I rarely see 20s figures in the K/D/A for the games I play. Still, I am a bit worried, as games lasting an hour long or more don't happen often in my experience. And lastly, if point three had a say, I would have little reason to change my build in the first place, as I achieve similar results.

Another point to make is that if I've never played Anivia at all, I obviously wouldn't be able to compare my performance to yours. However, the Time Spent Dead statistic is arguably universal, and one with enough experience in LoL could get a gist of how often you die per game.

Anyways, last but not least in my block of text of a post, the reason why I would post the "Glacial Storm turns off by itself if you wander too far" thing.... It is especially useful to know if you are trying to quickly lay waste to a turret being hugged by a few champs, and you have teammates to help you. It's rather situational. But the concept of this strategy is to discourage the enemy from doing certain things while preventing yourself from taking turret fire, in case the enemy decides to actually wander into your Blizzard. Push out the huggers, bring them forward so your TF can paper-cut them, whatever it takes to get them out of their optimal position.

Dragonk

05-02-2010

Although that was all very interesting, its still entirely irrelevant to my guide. The only thing anyone should be concerned about is what they can take out of the guide. I'm hoping people find it helpful, so far I think some have.

P.S. #2 You are correct sir, I do often play absurdly long games.

Nemesis21

05-02-2010

i read both your builds. I noticed that you had a burst and a survival build, your burst build gives you around 500 ap, and your survival gives you around 3k life. Ive been playing anivia for around 6 months. First champion I ever played and about the only one i still play. I have around 400 wins as her and I find it interesting that my build with her stomps both your builds. My build gives me 3k life, 4k mana pool, with 628 AP(thats without elixirs). You might want to invest into looking into mine. (tear, sorc, roa, roa, arch, void, zhonyas). Enjoy!

Edit: Why are you writing a guide for one of the toughest champions to master, when you only have 20 wins as her. i find that to be very unexperienced.