Trinity Force on Wukong-Yah or Nay?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainMårvelous

07-30-2011

Ok, I've seen a ton of discuss on this, and I want everyone's opinion on the matter. Now, I know that apparently the spotlight had trinity force on Wukong and it is apparently very good when used with his Q. However, I kinda don't feel it's all that great on him. I did a little tally and here's what I got

Pros- Q hits very hard now, Offers several stats, Base items are decent buys
Cons- Almost 4k for a grab-bag of moderate stats, spend most of the game building to it

Now, I usually build a phage on Kong due to the slow he needs to stick with his team. However, I really wonder if it's even worth it to buy the HP and be a slow machine or swap to a Tri-Force for all the items.

Thanks for your help and I hope that I can fix-up my wukong!

Falling Objects

07-30-2011

For 4k, you get an incredible damage boost to your Q, a pretty much gaurenteed slow (If you cant hit someone 3 times as wukong, then you're doing something wrong), a fairly good movement speed boost, and alot of other useful stats.

Is it required? No. Is it a very good idea? Yes.

You may as well try to convince me that lichbane doesnt work on nidalee.

CaptainMårvelous

07-30-2011

But is it a -first- build basis, or should I focus on some of the other items on him (As in Ghostblade, Black Cleaver, various items, etc etc.)

Boomstick II

07-30-2011

I would certainly get sheen asap, but T-force can hold off a little bit depending on how you're doing. You may want to build some defense first if you're not doing so hot or some life steal (if it's in your planned build) if you don't have a jungler so you can take advantage of the jungle creeps. If you're doing well though, T-force is an awesome item on Wukong. Extra burst and extra speed, along w/ the other stats is definitely amazing on him.

Diamond Jigsaw

07-30-2011

The thing is, even though Trinity force is expensive and you'll spend a long time building up to it, the parts that do build into it are all very useful. Sheen is godsend that actually makes him able to hurt things, phage is a necessity that gives him some ability to catch up to his enemies, and Zeal gives him movement speed that he so badly needs. They're all extremely important effects for Wukong, and absolutely worth making.

Ghostblade is a good item, but its not nearly as useful on Wukong because his attacks count as ranged (this needs to be fixed), squandering half of the item's active ability.

Black Cleaver's great, especially because it combos well with the attack cancelling of his Q and makes up for the armour reduction of the skill not working (for the love of god, fix this), but doesn't address the issues that Wukong has that Trinity force covers (namely, the fact that he's slow and has no way of slowing down his enemies, and the large damage bonus from the Sheen effect).

It sucks that Wukong's so desperately dependent on Triforce, but the skill set he has combined with the bugs that plague him really make it that way.

CaptainMårvelous

07-30-2011

My usual build goes...

Phage/Boots - Basic mode
T-Force/Boots/Brutilizer- Mid game
T-Force/Boots/Ghostblade/BC/BV/ -Late game

At the moment I'm weighting Atmas vs. Sunfire. Atmas gives defense, crit AND some extra DPS but as is I only get 2.5k HP. Sunfire gives more defense and HP, and the passive is nice, but no extra AD overall.

xya1021

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2011

trinity force = no.

i fought other wukong with trinity force and we usually tie in terms of damage and i found that u can basically do the same amount damage without trinity force while having survivability.

i go with boot with pots. then brutalizer for the CD and AD. and then some kind of DEF cause your going to need it. i like getting thornmail but if your opponents are heavy magic get MR instead like banshee veil. and then i get sheen but i dont go for trinity force until much later in the game. sheen already gives you 100% on your next ATK.

but yea trinity force takes to much money n time to make. plus each part of the trinity force items (sheen, zeal, and phage) that builds up to it doesnt add much to the wukong (expect for sheen). especially in the laning phrase.

im not saying my built is the best and i recommend trying different built. this built just works for me.

Panikattak

07-30-2011

i agree with xya, My problem with trinities, its a lot of utility, but the stats are too spread out. It didn't give me enough oumph. I start out with phage. I feel it is necessary no matter what build you play, because he has no reliable slow/stun. Then i grab boots and immediately upgrade it to frozen mallet. This gives me tons of survivability, reliable strong slow, and a small dmg boost. After i grab Black Cleaver, This item is also a MUST for him, tons of dmg, tons of armor pen, and some AS to boot. Sheen proc on trinity is nice, the problem is it just makes up for the fact that you don't have any AD items build. I found my Q hit just as hard NOT building a trinity and getting real AD items sooner.

Zyren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2011

Trinity Force is a great item on almost anyone, but especially true with Wukong. As stated earlier, it has amazing synergy with his kit and gives him what he needs.

frisch

08-01-2011

I got a kind of different playstyle with Wu than the most players i guess.

Starting with Regrowth Pendant (i also have some flat HPRegen Runes) the HP Regen is awesome for staying in lane and still be able to harrass thanks to E,Q,W Combo.
Now Regrowth into Philo Stone (lets you spam your skills and pays for itself later on)
Next is Boots 1
Then Averice
Mercury Treads

Now it depends. If i got a good farm i go for a B.F.Sword. Otherwhise i get a Sheen. You really have to use the E,Q,W Combo to the extend. You would be wondering who you can beat on a lane thx to E Range.

Out of the Philo Stone you can create the Crown which on one hand gives your whole team a cool speed boost for 3 seconds. Awesome for escaping/initiating.

Averice goes into a Ghostblade. Nothing to say here.

I usually upgrade my B.F. to a Black Cleaver. I just love that item. Good AS and DMG.

Trinity Force is a must've for the monkey. Additional HP and a nice MS boost + significant dmg thx to the Sheen-Proc.

Those are my general items. The rest depends on the game. I often get a banshees or a GA before trinity. You gotta get the hang of not only building for your champion but also be able to counter the enemy team comp.