Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Attack Or AP kat

Attack 95 64.63%
Ability Power 57 38.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 147 .

AP or ATTK Kat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korcannus

05-02-2010

getting ryjals isnt a waste of money even if ur AD.

HowlingKommando

05-02-2010

Quote:
Korcannus:
getting ryjals isnt a waste of money even if ur AD.

Fair enough. The only point I was trying to make is that you will no longer be maximizing your Death Lotus damage output.

peyo

05-02-2010

Spamming Bloodthirsters is a waste of money. 1 stun and you're dead with your 2000HP. Getting 600 AD is not a good idea, as it's reduced by Magic Res.

You don't buy AP items, you buy Magic Penetration items and AP is just an add-on (which works with Shunpo)

Poochy

05-02-2010

i say AP kat because u get health and MP... a FULL AD kat will not get health and MP... but A FULL AP kat will get health and MP

jedidioh

05-02-2010

even after post patch i still prefer MP than AD since the item build ups are much cheaper than the AD.

Militiades

Friend of Urf

05-04-2010

Here is my Kat:

Dorans shield
Sorc Boots
Ryjai/Mejai
Mejai/Ryjai (whichever you didnt get first)
Void Staff
Zhonyas

Clearly I prefer an AP kat. With this setup you can be doing 500-600 dmg with each shunpo and simply annihilating entire teams with your DL. All it takes is magic pen reds/extra health in yellow and quints/cd reduction blues, then grab your 9/21/0 masteries and go brutalize the other team.

AD builds are just to squishy and force something of a disconnect between needing to buy magic pen for DL and needing to buy AD items such as bloodthirster. Yes, you will sacrifice some dmg with your bouncing blades, but honestly the destruction from shunpo and DL more than make up for it, i only really rely on the blades for healing reduction anyway.

MISTAFUNKTASTIC

05-04-2010

Doran's shield
Boots
start building warmogs
upgrade boots
Finish warmogs
Brutalizer
BF Swords (Usually only get 1 before game over)
If time permits upgrade BFS to Thirsters
Sell shield as needed to make room

Leviathan sucks until 20 stacks, most players won't let you get that.

peyo

05-04-2010

Quote:
Militiades:
AD builds are just to squishy

lol'd

Munkiemann

05-04-2010

all i can say is... i highly doubt most of you guys saying AP is better have played Kat for a significant number of matches. AD Kat does have hp. Theres an item called phage which is made into frozen mallet which gives you HP(and slow) soul shroud is alright too. Ive played both AP and AD and every time i go back to AP I'm always disappointed. A big part of early game is farming! How can you farm with shunpo and poo auto attacks. You can but its hard. AD Kat farms much faster kills minions and towers much better and does just as well in terms of ganking power. Oh theres another thing called exhaust use it. It helps keep single target enemies in your DL. I don't think rylai's is all that great either seeing as if you position yourself the right way you should be able to hit just as many daggers... plus merc boots yada yada will make the effect less, and relying purely on damage from shunpo isn't all that great. AD is well rounded, it doesn't have the highest attack shunpo but it does have everything else. Try out AD more then come back and say AP>AD. :] One more thing check out Furor's guide for High tier AD Kat. Nuff said.

Berbaron

05-04-2010

Love playing Kat again.
Pre-nerf I played AP Kat, but since this last patch Ive been having way too much fun with AD Kat.