Clairvoyance OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khaztr

05-02-2010

Great for skillshot characters like Ezreal and Nidalee.

But seriously, you're taking up a spell slot to use it. It doesn't even reveal invisible champs (you would think the Mastery would give that ability). I definitely don't think it's OP.

Xirus

05-02-2010

I think the reason that clairvoyance doesn't really count as unbalanced is that it's not a "every character needs to have this" sort of thing. The game needs a tank, DPS, etc, and so what's wrong with the team needing one clairvoyance?

AnyOtherEnemy

05-02-2010

Stop QQing and raising a fit about what is a very balanced and useful part of this game. Just because your gank gets ruined by a player smart enough to check bushes and flank paths doesn't mean it should change. Clairvoyance is a great spell and does not need a buff nor nerf. It rewards intelligent players who think before advancing and know where to place it (it is not a very large area). This game shouldn't be all about ganks and ambushes but also smart play and thinking ahead.

Vasheen

05-02-2010

I personally use it on Eve to aid in my scouting abilities, dropping it on jungle/bush areas that I'm not -too- close to myself to keep the rest of my team safe. I play a fairly reserved Eve though, using her as an invisible stun initiate more than anything else.

(only ran about 13 games or so with her in the last couple weeks, but 2 losses and 110+ assists from all those scouting trips, maybe half that in kills)

Just a few thoughts from someone playing a very "underpowered" character, and the usefulness of a good scout to the rest of the team. Never go out alone without knowing where everyone is.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by national View Post
Stop QQing and raising a fit about what is a very balanced and useful part of this game. Just because your gank gets ruined by a player smart enough to check bushes and flank paths doesn't mean it should change. Clairvoyance is a great spell and does not need a buff nor nerf. It rewards intelligent players who think before advancing and know where to place it (it is not a very large area). This game shouldn't be all about ganks and ambushes but also smart play and thinking ahead.
I fail to see where I actually raised a hissy fit about my ganks getting ruined. Ganks can be ruined for the stupidest reasons, and I don't expect every plan to succeed. If there was anything to QQ about in this thread, it's about how I keep winning a LOT with Clairvoyance.

At any rate, it's good to hear other people's thoughts about Clairvoyance It's just that it seems to me that I benefit the most out of it without too much risk.