Sivir - To not be as useless as people say.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

Senior Member

07-30-2011

I sorta like the durability of boots, 3x DB, Atmas + Giant belt of warmogs. It gets you to Atmogs critical mass earlier and with more starting power.

Red/Quint flat AS
Yellow (dodge)
blue mregen 18

or R/Q flat AD, Y/B mrgen 18


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hot Teen Guys

Senior Member

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
I sorta like the durability of boots, 3x DB, Atmas + Giant belt of warmogs. It gets you to Atmogs critical mass earlier and with more starting power.

Red/Quint flat AS
Yellow (dodge)
blue mregen 18

or R/Q flat AD, Y/B mrgen 18
I'll definitely play with the 3x DB start more to see how I like it, but after trying out a game like this (Yes, I am trying out your suggestions guys):

You're limiting your early-mid damage far too much by building atmas on +300. That's ~36AD. Building the giant's belt after and you're at ~43 AD. When running one DB start into bloodthirster, you're building up to +110 AD rather early with a high lifesteal and extra health. In the early mid game, everyone is squishy. Coming into a fight with that and a giant's belt can make you a real terror. :P Running mogs early limits this damage, bloodthirster is there to cover that.

I've also been playing with replacing mogs with Frozen Mallet, and switching SV out with mogs. Works pretty well, too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-31-2011

The problem I have with your build is lack of Attack Speed.

What saddens me is that when I do the Atmog's build people will claim how I'm doing 0 damage or some nonsense. I really wish they had a damage dealt to enemy champions statistic in the end-game screen/match history, because maybe I could shut them up when it shows how I did over twice their crappy damage while also being much tougher to kill.

I went Philo stone, Boots 1, HoG, Warmog's, upgrade boots, Atma's in a game. I found Phantom Dancer to be a nice addition, although I was considering Trinity Force. Any thoughts on Tri-Force?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hot Teen Guys

Senior Member

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyren View Post
The problem I have with your build is lack of Attack Speed.

What saddens me is that when I do the Atmog's build people will claim how I'm doing 0 damage or some nonsense. I really wish they had a damage dealt to enemy champions statistic in the end-game screen/match history, because maybe I could shut them up when it shows how I did over twice their crappy damage while also being much tougher to kill.

I went Philo stone, Boots 1, HoG, Warmog's, upgrade boots, Atma's in a game. I found Phantom Dancer to be a nice addition, although I was considering Trinity Force. Any thoughts on Tri-Force?
Triforce would be awesome if it procced when Ricochet was added. If it does, sure, go for it. If it doesn't, I'm not quite sure T.force would be worth it.

Siv gains a bunch of attack speed from her ult. You're right, the build does lack any hard AS. You can switch out either the glyphs or seals for that if you need extra. However, I still find that ult gives enough during a teamfight. Phantom could be good, I just don't know what I'd trade for it. Probably Spirit Visage if anything, but PD is quite a bit more expensive. I'll try it.

As far as your build order, I think you're sacrificing a lot of damage by not going the BT route though. HoG warrants some testing, especially as it can be built into a situational randuins later. But I do like where rushing a BT puts my damage while I build the mogs. Rather than rushing the mogs and having little damage till atmas is done.

Also - Since I stream a lot recently, you can probably catch me streaming your suggestions when it's up (which it will be in like, 20 mins.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dissonance119

Member

07-31-2011

I've attempted that build before, and I find that I don't farm enough to reach Warmog's on time. How do you deal with being squishy mid game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hot Teen Guys

Senior Member

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance119 View Post
I've attempted that build before, and I find that I don't farm enough to reach Warmog's on time. How do you deal with being squishy mid game?
Usually by midgame I actually have at least my giant's belt. You play sort of like a standard carry until you have at least that. I guess you've just got to get used to last hitting and laning to the point where you can come out of it with successful farm.

I also realized I forgot to link my stream in that post, and I'm actually doing test games now:

http://www.own3d.tv/live/20641

Can't do any commentary ATM as it's REALLY LOUD right now. Probably in an hour or two that'll be over.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hot Teen Guys

Senior Member

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyren View Post
The problem I have with your build is lack of Attack Speed.

What saddens me is that when I do the Atmog's build people will claim how I'm doing 0 damage or some nonsense. I really wish they had a damage dealt to enemy champions statistic in the end-game screen/match history, because maybe I could shut them up when it shows how I did over twice their crappy damage while also being much tougher to kill.

I went Philo stone, Boots 1, HoG, Warmog's, upgrade boots, Atma's in a game. I found Phantom Dancer to be a nice addition, although I was considering Trinity Force. Any thoughts on Tri-Force?
After testing - PD isn't the best choice. Go for starks. I built real similarly to my normal build, but forsook SV for starks fervor. Gave a bunch more attack speed, and made up for the lost regen pretty well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KudoKou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-31-2011

IMO, Sivir needs those mp5 seals. Armor is nice and all, but it's not worth never having to worry about mana ever again after level 6. I mean, you're definitely a better player than me, so I guess if it works for you, but I can't live without mp5 seals on a lot of champs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hot Teen Guys

Senior Member

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KudoKou View Post
IMO, Sivir needs those mp5 seals. Armor is nice and all, but it's not worth never having to worry about mana ever again after level 6. I mean, you're definitely a better player than me, so I guess if it works for you, but I can't live without mp5 seals on a lot of champs.
Don't downplay yourself. I'm not bad at league, but It's not like I'm a paragon of sure knowledge either.

I used to run mp5 yellows, but armor just feels so much better in laning. The mp5 is covered by shield and your philo while laning. Much of your damage is caused by auto attacks as well. Be careful that you aren't using Q all that much. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

Senior Member

07-31-2011

I play a fair amount of Sivir.

Sometimes if you do well tossing an early phage in secures the game. Boots Double DB Phage Atmas (FM or Mogs)

A lantern also works for free ward if you solo top/bottom duo, jungling, want to push really hard if they have a weak ganking jungler, (or vs. Heim/Yorick/Annie(after you can survive burst just to kill Tibs)).

A mix of builds recently used:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1009745

I am also experimenting to find what works...finding out it varies game by game. Multiple instant gap closers means no BT to start you go squish.


123