Sivir - To not be as useless as people say.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hot Teen Guys

07-30-2011

I've been playing sivir since I pretty much got into LoL, way back in her pre-patch days. Building her every which way from the old super hard AD carry days, to when stacking gunblades was viable, to now. After all that, I still don't think she's as useless as people say her current state is. And, to help possibly give people a new perspective, I went and made a MOBAfire guide. Mostly because their guide builder is incredibly easy to use compared to most other guide sites.

Go check it out, tell me what changes I should make, etc! Any input is appreciated!

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...nky-dps-107231

Guide is now on solomid as well, this time with a couple more in depth sections which will be added to the mobafire one, soon.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=3844

slyguy6802

07-30-2011

I like your build especially because of the ulti lasting so long its important to keep that up for your team. Alot of people say she is underpowered but last time i layed her i almost got a quadrakill on the last fight with my bomerang and some ricohetes. awesome char if you know when to use your sheild also which can be difficult but can also make the opponent get pissed off cause you just blocked their best spell. I remember blocking an ashe arrow vs her in mid once taking her out right after. man she was pissed.

Ramoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2011

the fabled mog's atmas. lol

I remember that.. pre-last-patch. I used it back in the magic BB days. good times. good times.

Hot Teen Guys

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramoth View Post
the fabled mog's atmas. lol

I remember that.. pre-last-patch. I used it back in the magic BB days. good times. good times.
Pre-patch Mog atmas into heavy AD was amazing.

Now I feel she needs to build more resistance after atmogs though. :/

It's not fabled, it's making a comeback right hurr.

Ramoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2011

well, when I say pre-patch.. I meant like pre 4 patches. back when her BB only scaled with Magic damage. but it actually hit hard. Then they buffed the hell out of sivir.. and then nerfed her to oblivion. CURSE YOU RIOT!! >.>

poor sivir. I see less sivir's than even Panth now.

Hot Teen Guys

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramoth View Post
well, when I say pre-patch.. I meant like pre 4 patches. back when her BB only scaled with Magic damage. but it actually hit hard. Then they buffed the hell out of sivir.. and then nerfed her to oblivion. CURSE YOU RIOT!! >.>

poor sivir. I see less sivir's than even Panth now.
I actually think that she's still ok, not great compared to others for a few reasons but at the same time, VERY underrated. The karma of AD. :P

She only needs a minor tweak to be viable.

YourSoft

07-30-2011

sivir can wreck some people, i remember like 4 patches ago she got buffed noone notice

Ramoth

07-30-2011

I noticed.
But a minor increase to BB speed is nothing.

Nitebane

07-30-2011

Good guide. Similar to my build but I get chalice 1st. No more mrgn issues and the mr is nice. Then I get BT, then mog, then Atma. After that it's usually guinsu's, FoN or whatever the situation calls for. I like the visage idea tho and may try it.

I also go for dodge yellow runes and 21/9/0 building through dodge and the ms bonus. Great for chasing/fleeing as enemy minions will often try to hit you and miss. It's saved me from being killed when being chased many times as well.

Hot Teen Guys

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitebane View Post
Good guide. Similar to my build but I get chalice 1st. No more mrgn issues and the mr is nice. Then I get BT, then mog, then Atma. After that it's usually guinsu's, FoN or whatever the situation calls for. I like the visage idea tho and may try it.

I also go for dodge yellow runes and 21/9/0 building through dodge and the ms bonus. Great for chasing/fleeing as enemy minions will often try to hit you and miss. It's saved me from being killed when being chased many times as well.
I don't have too many problems without chalice, and just running a philo instead. :P Rather run that because it pays for itself by the time I sell it.

BT->Mog/Mallet->Atma is really the best way to go. BT ensures that you won't lose too much midgame damage because you bought a high health item. Guinsoo's IS interesting, especially considering her W. But it sucks that you can't actually start a fight with it up, so it's not as good as it would be on someone like Nid. I just haven't had much luck with the item, and would rather just keep building up my tankiness. Guess that's preference though.

I need to play with some dodge yellows and defensive masteries. The only real problem I have with dodge is it's still unreliable, and you already have quite a bit in your passive if you need it. But, a clutch save could be worth it.