Revised AS/AP build for Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ellicott

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post
Kassadin certainly is not as cooldown dependent as most mages
Because taking off around half of your targets health with your burst is negligible, right?

>Faster cooldown
>More frequent burst
>Faster kills

If this gets any madder I'll see Kassatank threads coming into play :/

JedimasterDarren

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nurture View Post
lol what

R cooldown is probably the most important thing when you're deciding when and where to engage as kass
CDRless kass has 6/5/4 R cooldown, which is enough time for you to die twice over easily

Also catalyst gives you enough mana to lane without taking a single point of W, gives sustainability via massive health regen every level, improves survivability by raising maximum health, and builds into banshee's or RoA, both of which are fantastic on kass
W giving more mana back has hardly touched early catalyst's usefulness
Kassadin's cooldowns are pretty low compared to most mages. You seem to be making the arguement to max his cooldown, which is what Nashor's Tooth does. I guess you rift in attack for a few seconds, then rift out, so you value the extra .5 sec on cooldown more so. I pretty much rift in when I plan to stay in the battle or plan to unload and run away.

As for catalyst giving enough mana not to take a single point in W, that catalyst cost you 1300ish gold and one point in the new W provides a lot of benefits vs. an extra point in Force Pulse giving some 60 extra burst damage. 1300 gold can certainly provide more AP or whatever. Banshee is certainly good, but Abyssal is also very good. I think of Banshee as more 4th 5th or 6th item. If you run cleanse, your not as concerned with spell block every 45 sec. Rod of Ages is okay, but most people who get it value the mana as the AP and HP are barely worth the cost. Kassadin can be played effectively without a large mana pool. Some Kassadin players value the large mana pool and will pay for it to spam multiple riftwalks.

But to eash their own. You can build Kassadin many ways. I still think Nashor's is solid item, but did not understand your position on that fact. I do understand you feel Kassadin's cooldown are more important that most mages, which we disagree. It probably is due to playstyle.

JedimasterDarren

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellicott View Post
Because taking off around half of your targets health with your burst is negligible, right?

>Faster cooldown
>More frequent burst
>Faster kills

If this gets any madder I'll see Kassatank threads coming into play :/
So of the 20 or so pure mages, where do you think Kassadin ranks in terms of cooldown need?

Carados

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post
So of the 20 or so pure mages, where do you think Kassadin ranks in terms of cooldown need?
Define "mage."

JedimasterDarren

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Define "mage."
I just created a new topic before you posted this with a list of mages to make this easy and more like a community pole.