Heimer - what effects work on turrets?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Major Serious

05-01-2010

Hi,

this is more of a mechanical question:

what effects will affect heimerdinger's turrets.
there is armor penetration
a) of runes
b) of items (not cleaver, i think of brutalizer, but dont think so here)

there is critical strike
a) of runes
b) of items (dont think so here)

so what can you tell me about his runebuild? or shall i just mass ap him?

Uberhenk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

The turrets actually deal magic dmg.. so get magic pen and a buttload of ap

i use magic pen marks, manaregen/18 seals, ap/18 glyphs and flap ap quints for him and it works great.

turrets cannot crit

Major Serious

05-02-2010

wow didn't notice they are dealing magicdam..
so another Question:
Would the 40% pene-item work too? Awesome - for both your spells and your turrets. ?
Can you tell me your item-build? after some regen or life/mana, my Core item is Zhonya's, because the static is very nice to have while the turrets are still firing.

thanks for the information.

Yellow Jester

05-02-2010

aegis of the legion/stark's fervor?

Uberhenk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Not rly sure if the 40% works on turrets but i AM sure it does work on the grenade and u can use that to nuke towers down fast.

My build is meki pendant + 2 health pots, chalice, ((if they have tanks) the ap/gold gain pick), magic pen boots, voidstaff, (upgrade pick into dfg), zhonyas, (the game usually ends here) Rylais, abyssal scepter.

U can push towers like crazy by tossing grenades on it and dropping a turret right infront of it becouse turrets usually target towers over minions/champs

Garborg

05-02-2010

Then after that if the game is still going... throw a curve ball with Guardian's Angel. Turrets stay up and the gank gets eaten. Mwhahaha

As far as runes go I think turrets will only penefit from AP. The Aura items help them, Ageis(+8 Damage) and Abyssal Scepter (MR reduction)

Major Serious

05-02-2010

@uberhenk thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garborg View Post
Then after that if the game is still going... throw a curve ball with Guardian's Angel. Turrets stay up and the gank gets eaten. Mwhahaha

As far as runes go I think turrets will only penefit from AP. The Aura items help them, Ageis(+8 Damage) and Abyssal Scepter (MR reduction)
hahaha guardian angel, very nice idea :P but so is statis from zhonya's and late game turrets where u have guardian just die in seconds to any dps ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
aegis of the legion/stark's fervor?
yes legion works for your turrets. i realy dont know if stark's fervor works. so could someone else answer the second part of his question.

StoRmRAiL

05-02-2010

WTF..........

starks worked before the patch, this one or the last one, but now it doesnt. just tried it out

The Fat Battler

05-02-2010

Aegis works with Turrets.

Void Staff affects YOUR magic spells, so no.

Abyssal Scepter, however, will increase the power of your turrets.

I want to say Emblem of Valour works with the turrets, but I don't really know. If so, it'd make a decent laning item, but then again, the lifesteal is useless on Heimer. I personally use Catalyst on Heimer, so I don't care about Emblem.

Most of Stark's Fervor's effects don't work with Turrets because they mostly affect physical stats. If the health regen affects them, then obviously Stark's is a nice item for an ally to have, but Heimer shouldn't use it.

Abyssal Scepter is probably one of the best items for Heimer. The Magic Reduction is a debuff aura to enemy champs and thus they benefit the turrets. Obviously there's AP, and the MR helps Heimer survivability. Heimer can get Sorc Boots, Haunting Guise, and Abyssal Scepter for good Magic Pen.