Anybody playing AD/AS kennen ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akyio

05-01-2010

I've searched in forums but only found 1 person who has made a guide about AD~ kennen.
Im about to buy kennen soon and i don't really want to go AP but want to be more like a hybrid champion, or basically with attack speed/ad and some alternative options.

It's like.. getting good magic pen (+14 from runes +20 from haunting + 20 from sorc shoes), and then just going basically with phage/brutalizer, trinity force? Or something very alternative like sword of divine?

Kkangpae

05-01-2010

Another item you can add to that list is the guinsoo rageblade, thats one of the top hybrid items because of the AP+ASD, thats a really common item in most of the AP/ASD guides i have looked up

Akyio

05-01-2010

Im seeing that its probably not even worth doing AP/ASD build..
Just maybe getting first item guinsoo after haunting + sorc shoes, and that's enough, later on just rylai's and other AP~ things -_-.

Mesa H

05-01-2010

Rage blade and Lichbane , haunting and sorc boots. u'll fight like a AD but still have the burst =]

Krendin

05-01-2010

The problem is, without getting some decent health items, you can't lightning rush + surge + ulti people which is the most effective thing you're able to do by a long shot.

Akyio

05-01-2010

Exactly, that's the main problem i found when kennen was free. with haunting + sorc shoes + mejai + rylai and some health runes i wasn't able to survive, and i wasn't even running straight to the battle like alistar with his ultimate, so i always had stats like 6/6/10, always dying.
so im looking for something new, since actually kennen has very good natural attack speed, decent natural damage and very very long range

Consilium

05-01-2010

When i first stayed playing Kennen, I was playing atk speed/dmg, it's just **** compared to AP.

Seaka

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyio View Post
Exactly, that's the main problem i found when kennen was free. with haunting + sorc shoes + mejai + rylai and some health runes i wasn't able to survive, and i wasn't even running straight to the battle like alistar with his ultimate, so i always had stats like 6/6/10, always dying.
so im looking for something new, since actually kennen has very good natural attack speed, decent natural damage and very very long range
I did something pretty goofy on him, but seemed to turn the game. In 3v3 i had 2 sunfire capes, MP boots, Haunting, and got stinger. I Think nasherstooth is good, but didn't get because of the mana regen on it..-wasted stat..Worked pretty well. Had enough hp to lightning rush then surge and was able to ult and withstand enough of the dmg to survive and the the capes dmg ate them up. Just tried it out of random lol and you said something diff so heres somethign diff.

Kkangpae

05-01-2010

what i do after i get rylai's is work on warmongs, those 2 items alone are more than enough to break 3k+ hp. with only a t2 hp quint at lvl 18 with rylai's + warmongs i manage to hit 3.4k HP

Skitzafreak

Recruiter

05-01-2010

I play Kennen a lot, and have come up with a AS/AP build that works quite well.

The main thing about getting items for him is you can't be afraid to not get something because it gives mana or mana regen. Even though the are wasted stats on Kennen the rest of what the item does is too good to pass up for the little guy.

The way I build him is I usually go:
Sorcerer's Shoes
Nashor's Tooth
Mejai's Soulstealer
Trinity Force
Rylia's Scepter
Zhonya's Ring

If I am not doing so well, I'll switch out the Mejai's for Deathfire Grasp.