Newbie Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Courtelyou

07-29-2011

Just purchased Nidalee and I gotta say she's alot of fun to play.

Most of my games, I have the highest amount of assists and can do lovley in team fights (healing+ spears) but the only way I can get some kills is to pounce on the half dead champs running away.

I have tried building her AP and AD and both work well, but I'm looking for a way to put more hurt on people, just do better in 1v1 fights and get some more kills.

Right now I chuck spears, go to cat form, do some damage,run, transform and heal and after that see what I can do.

I'm just looking for game play tips and a solid build that makes Nidalee more of a carry.

Courtelyou

07-29-2011

bump

slyguy6802

07-30-2011

Well it seems to me that you are already playing nidalee quite well. She is a support pusher and is best in human form in team fights. A few tips i can give you is to try and use those traps well. Place in the bushes and once you see that the enemy is about to hit it throw your spear. This can do alot more damage to this char. Also in team fights using the traps to lower their magic and armor resists can really help more than most people think. Just know that traps are probably the hardest most percise skills to use but if you use them well they can do alot for you. I actually get traps as my first spell then depending on the enemy match up i either go for a trap spear combo trying to kill the enemy with a long spear shot or i focus on laneing with my heal. Only one point is needed in traps till the end of the game though just to keep in mind.

MadCast Trex

07-30-2011

With no intention of being rude, Nidalee is more of a support champ, and will tend to get many assists, she is more about helping the team win the game, than getting kills. But some tips on her, incase you didn't know Alt+E will automatically heal yourself, which is good if you just came out of cougar. But Nidalee is a support champion, and if you're looking for kills, a carry would be the way to go.

Hxor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-30-2011

in tf , human form > heal(ap) > spear(ap) > if u can trap(low mr & armor) > cougar form > w (ap) > e (ap) > q(ad), human form again , and start again

in lane , heal with attack tower(increment as), solo lane farm all u can , take care of your mana, heal and walk in brush if they gank u...

in mid game u have a lot of damage on caster or dps(no offtank) with spear depending u skill
1vs1 cougar form combo , human form heal , autoattack , cougar combo
if u not dominate , run brush in cougar form (+dodge,+movementspeed+pasive in brush) and great scape...

ad build
maybe more damage, but u can not have such heal or much damage with the spear, more kills , but i prefer ap build

PhDinGankology

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weetard nV View Post
With no intention of being rude, Nidalee is more of a support champ, and will tend to get many assists, she is more about helping the team win the game, than getting kills. But some tips on her, incase you didn't know Alt+E will automatically heal yourself, which is good if you just came out of cougar. But Nidalee is a support champion, and if you're looking for kills, a carry would be the way to go.
Nidalee can be played as a carry. Her damage output is viable as one

Dull Pencil

08-01-2011

In my games as Nidalee, when you're throwing spears and poking them for over 600 damage. Then healing your team mates for over 800 health. That surprisingly carries a lot of teams.

maniclurker

08-01-2011

Ok, I can help with this here.

The first thing we need to cover is your runes. I use caster runes, but there is an alternative... dodge stacking and armor pen for early game split pushing. I use magic pen reds, mana regen/level seals, flat AP quints, and AP/level blues. With a Doran's ring as your starting item, you can stay in the lane a very long time. As to summoner spells, I take flash and ignite. There's a lot of tricks you can do with those, pounce, takedown, and javelins.

I usually grab my jav first. Hiding in a bush, and getting a long range jav on someone will immediately cause them to have to burn a pot, as it will do well over 100 damage to them. If they have a Doran's item, then you just inflcted some serious lasting damage. After that, I will usually get heal. What you get next will depend on the opponent. If they are burning a lot of juice harassing you, get that level 2 heal when you hit 3. They will run out of mana while causing no residual damage, and set you up for success later, when they won't have that mana to ult/stun/whatever when you hit 6. If they are tards, and love catching spears, i get another point into spear at level 3.

You can either go trap or whichever skill (Q or E) that you didnt get level 2 when you hit 4. Really depends on the lane situation, opponent's aggressiveness, etc. If your lane is getting pushed, grab that heal and focus on getting last hits and harassing when possible. If your lane is pushing (most of the time cause by you auto attacking the opponent, causing their minions to stop dpsing your minions, aggroing on you instead), grab a trap to guard your gank bush. Regardless, at level 5, you should have 2 points jav, 1 point trap, 2 points heal.

Your goal is to lane long enough so that you can get at least another Doran's Ring, boots, and a ward. If you can get Amplifying Tome as well, that would be a big bonus. At this point, you will be going back to your lane with some serious early game AP, outstanding mana regen, and a goal to push the hell out of your lane. A level 6 nidalee with boots and a ward up is nigh ungankable, no matter how far you have pushed. What you want to do is push the minions (and the enemy), all the way into their tower, and keep them there. You are now denying their solo cs, and should be doing consistently good damage against the enemy tower via AS buff from Primal Surge.

Make sure you pay attention to your ward, and watch for ganks. They will happen. This, in a way, is also your goal. Drawing their jungler to top, in repeatedly futile attempts to gank Nidalee not only waste his buffs and lose him exp, but allow your other lanes push at will, knowing exactly where the enemy jungler is. Once that ward is gone, its time to recall, finish sheen, and grab another ward. Rinse and repeat. If you can get your jungler to give up his second blue, you will basically become an unstoppable force of misery and despair for you lane opponent, as all their damage will be negated my endless heals, you'll have a river full of traps, and a constant barrage of javs will keep them at critical health.

Early game, Nidalee is a force to be reckoned with, and can out-DPS most other champs. Mid game, you still pack quite a bit of a punch, especially if you got fed/farmed. Late game, you will spend most of your time scouting, healing/buffing your team, and trying to snipe carries. Just be wary, people hate Nidalee, and you will be focused like none other if you derp yourself into a bad situation, or position incorrectly in a team fight.