RIOT: Compensation for Maokai's Passive Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBaker

07-29-2011

Since Shurelia has let it be known that healing across the board (including personal heals) are getting nerfed, I assume that means that Maokai is going to be taking a reduction on his passive.

While my first choice would be that his passive be left alone, if it has to be changed could you consider maybe adding a bit of Mana return in exchange for the lost heal? I'm not saying Maokai is UP and needs it but he definitely isn't the strongest out there and is far from popular. Part of the reason is it's easy to become mana starved. One good burst of abilities drains a lot.

So to free up Maokai from having to focus as much on Mana items and give him some flexibility to consider other types of heal item (ie. spell vamp), could you consider adding some Mana return to the passive when you make the change?

What think you other Maokai players of this?

GalacticFlame

07-29-2011

Well during free week, I loved him. I highly, highly doubt that they will nerf Maokai's heal, it's just a small heal that can't even compare to Sona or Soraka.

Mythrider

07-29-2011

As galactic said they have no reason to nerf it at all, they aren't nerfing certain heals, like Karma's

OxBaker

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrider View Post
As galactic said they have no reason to nerf it at all, they aren't nerfing certain heals, like Karma's
I totally agree and would much prefer it be left alone but if RIOT does decide to I thought it couldn't hurt to throw this out there for their consideration.

BlackLordDragonX

07-29-2011

I dont think they will be nerfing his passive...though irelia's W ww's and gragas's passives are probably getting nerfed.Fiddle and udyr as well.Soraka is confirmed to be nerfed next or the patch after

OxBaker

07-30-2011

Well, I hope you're right.

Myrmidont

07-30-2011

imo his passive is fine, its not like he's healing to full, he's just getting a tiny bit back from tanking some spells, his mana costs make me think that he's fine, seeing as he's easy to starve mana wise and that is how they ruin his sustain in lane, which is why I don't think its a problem

he feels really balanced don't screw him up like swain (who was only slightly op sustain)

deadcellplus

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidont View Post
imo his passive is fine, its not like he's healing to full, he's just getting a tiny bit back from tanking some spells, his mana costs make me think that he's fine, seeing as he's easy to starve mana wise and that is how they ruin his sustain in lane, which is why I don't think its a problem

he feels really balanced don't screw him up like swain (who was only slightly op sustain)
Parent wasnt talking about maos current passive, but what riot might do if they nerf heals, which is something they have mentioned