Is Leblanc Jarvan IV?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1 800 NO FEAR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

Been reading up on the lore behind these two ever since the JoJ where Leblanc is impersonating Jarvan in Swains armor. Since then I learned that Jarvan did not have a League Judgement performed by a summoner(http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=560445.) This got me to thinking, did Swain attack Jarvan to solidify his spies position in Demacia and in the League? With Jarvan's mysterious past, and drastic changes it seems highly likely that the Jarvan that we know and is active now is Leblanc.

Any input would be welcomed.

Added some of the highlights of the thread to the opening post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KettleKern View Post
Jarvan was never examined when admitted into the league, instead attacked by Swain, possibly staged by Leblanc and Swain to get her in as Jarvan? They never looked into his mind like they do the others, possibly allowing Leblanc to infiltrate the league as another person without being found out by the summoners.

(Jarvan Judgement - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=560445)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Requiem View Post
And as I see it, Leblanc would be masquerading as Jarvan to keep the Black Rose's influence in Demacian politics as well as Noxian politics. Since the beginning of the conflict between these two in this JoJ http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...5-march-21-cle Jarvan has been posturing himself very aggressively, as well as the spy being poisoned to further implicate Demacian wrongdoing makes me think this whole thing has been set up since Jarvan's return. Everything that could be done to destabilize these two states has been done ever since the failed assassination of Jarvan IV. I think this is being done by Leblanc, Swain, and the Black Rose in an attempt to rule all of Kalamanda. Also, why would Swain kill Jarvan in public when he has the opportunity to put a spy in line to be the next ruler of Demacia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Nacht View Post
More evidence, from the JoJ:

Demacia is NOT denying that Jarvan attacked Swain. This means, that the Jarvan sitting in Demacia IS LB. If it was the real Jarvan, then he would have said that that was not him, that someone is impersonating him.

This means that the real Jarvan IV is either dead or in a Noxian prison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Requiem View Post
Now the new Champion in the sneak peek has a connection to the Black Rose and Swain it seems...

Check out the last panel here:http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....aser-final.jpg

Beatrice and what appears to be Black Roses sprouting from his sword, I believe he must be an assassin for the Black Rose(Beatrice on the hilt of the sword possibly meaning Swain is guiding his actions, and Black Roses sprouting where his sword is could mean that his sword is sowing the seeds of the Black Roses plans)

Arcanine

07-29-2011

I made a post about this on reddit, anyone is welcome to join in on the discussion.

Definitely something is afoot here! I feel all of this is a build up to an event that is going to kick off season 2.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...nc_and_jarvan/

1 800 NO FEAR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

Ive actually been keeping up with and even posted there, just felt like some of this should be moved into the Lore forums so maybe some interested parties that didn't know could become aware

Arcanine

07-29-2011

Thank you, I should of taken initiative and done it myself.

Ragnaface

07-29-2011

I'm glad you posted in here Star Wolf. I was gonna link to your post to make sure it got out.

There has been a lot of interesting discussion on it, but it seems impluasible to think that Jarvan has been missing for a long period of time. In game, Leblanc's clone online lasts for a short period of time. It's difficult to link that her clones can last for so long so as to completely impersonate a person such as in RANKED games, where you can't have 2 of the same champion.

But still. It is very possible to think that Leblanc has incapped Jarvan for a short period of time in order to impersonate him and attack Swain.

Saggins

07-29-2011

I hope that after Jarvan IV's defeat and near execution he, with the help of LeBlanc, traveled down a dark path in his mind and soul searched until he realized that the only way he could be strong enough to lead his people is to learn from a people that value strength above all else, Noxus. The Black Rose has a history of manipulating monarchies, I see no reason why this can't extend to Demacia.

It would also make for a much deeper twist in character development than the imprisoned good guy route.

I hate to be the thousanth person to say that Jarvan IV is strikingly similarities to Warcraft's Arthas, but you can't deny that they are many.

SmileyDemon

07-29-2011

Is it a man or a woman?!?!?

Llamia

07-29-2011

Which JoJ was this in? I don't remember this. O.o

Eyderin

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamia View Post
Which JoJ was this in? I don't remember this. O.o
Issue 25 - the picture at the top, when zoomed in, show's LeBlanc as the reflection of Jarvan IV in Swain's armour.

Die Nacht

07-29-2011

Interesting. Jarvan does have a ridiculously mysterious past. No one knows what happened when he went to the south of the barrier.

And after his captured, people did described hims as "different".