Ping Icon - difficult to see

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omnipotent

07-31-2009

Zooming in for a sec or two would be nice, but it has to be done in such a way that it will not or should not disturb the person who is chasing someone, or better yet, make it a toggelable function, you want auto-focus cam on minimap at last ping, then you got to enable this function.

Also, for all these bring ideas popping out, why not just stick to WC3 ping method? It worked fine, it was effective and it surved the purpose, why do we want to change how pings work? So, just a nice bright and bold '[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]![/FONT]' with a sonar effect upon pinging that location.

Last but not least, the control of ping rate should not be at the ping(er) side, it should be at the ping(ed) side only. For all of you folks wondering wtf I am on about, well here is what I think of public games and abusers / spammers of pings:

• Add a function on the interface menu to filter pings at 1,2,3,4,5.......N (SECONDS)intervals.
e.g. [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Filter Incomming Pings: [ __ ] SEC[/FONT] (max. 15seconds).
So if I type 10 in the field, then I should not see any ping on my minimap except every 10 sec. So if some moron is spamming pings, he can break his mouse for all I care, when I will be recieving 1 ping every 10 seconds from him.

We can take this a bit further and have it also control the filters at player filter levels. So when the ping filter is set at 10, I will not get pings from the same player except at 10 sec intervals, but say another player pings right after that spammer, then I will see the other guy's ping, of course he too enters the filter period and next time I see his ping will be 10 seconds later; and so on . You got the idea I guess

Rokk

07-31-2009

I recall reading somewhere that the current ping exclamation mark was a placeholder while they work out a better graphic.

12A1N

08-08-2009

Def. difficult to see the ping on the minimap.