Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide]Shen: Tank Assasin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SharpyShuffle

07-06-2010

Quote:
Notmiefault:
Calm down, I'm not trying to start a fight. I agree that feint was nerfed to near-uselessness, but that doesn't change the fact that if you are fleeing with 200 health and zilean has a clockwork bomb on you, or karthus is using his ultimate, or ashe's arrow is two inches from your head, or any number of other possible scenarios, 50 or 100 damage shaved off could save your life.

As far as shadow dash goes, the skill is so good at level 1 or 2, there is no real need to max it quickly. Usually even one second of taunt is enough to accomplish what you want. Yes, there are scenarios in which that won't be enough, or the slight energy cost reduction will save you, but more often the extra damage/healing from vorpal blade will be of more use.

Well level 5 shadow dash is over twice as long as level 1,almost twice as long as level 2. If you think that by midgame maxing it is less worthwhile than putting points into vorpal and feint, which give you trivial extra damage and defence in teamfights, I don't know what to tell you.

We all have stories of limping away to safety on 50 health thanks to feint or just about nicking a kill we wouldn't have got with one less level of vorpal. But those are very rare. Taunting is your job, it's the reason you picked shen, you do it over and over and over in every game.

Look at this way: merc treads, arguably the best item in the game, 'only' reduce most CCs by a few tenths of a second. But tenths of a second matter a lot, which is why treads are so good. An extra second or so on your taunt is huge, so much more useful than you, the toughest and least-damaging character on the team, having a boost to your already great defence or a slightly less rubbish offence.

It's fairly simple: get as little vorpal as you can get away with, just what you need for harassing and last-hitting in lane (usually 2 or 3 levels), and max taunt asap so you can actually do your job in teamfights. Feint is just something you pick up when you have to.

BTW: on the subject of dashing through things, it can be used to dash onto I think any raised ramp (best used for dashing to and from the brush in mid to the ramps there), onto the raised areas on the top side of bottom lane, through base walls, and through most of the narrower jungle walls - and some of the thicker ones too, most of all into dragon from behind.

Which is good because shen's a good choice to solo dragon later on: sure it'll take a while,but you can dash away safely, it'll barely dent your hp and if a fight breaks out you can just ult in.

I know some of that's a bit vague, but it's hard to explain exactly where is dashable a little experimentation is all you need.

Notmiefault

07-06-2010

Sorry about the "can't go through walls" thing. I realized that it could a while back, but forgot I put that part in the guide. Fixed.

Anyway, all valid points, I just find that kill/assists let me get warmogs relatively quickly, and that once I have it, vorpal blade gets me the minion kills I need.

Summonpwner

07-06-2010

i have to say all ur info is very usefull and ur rune page is unique. if i had to modify it in one small way it would be as u said red=hp yellow=stamina recover blue is where i would say dont get only magic resist but 5 magic resist and 4 armor and blacks=hp. plus ur hints on how to use the skills was great. the only thing that really upst me about the whole thing was the build. i really didnt understand it and if u could look at my build and tell me if mine is ok that would be great. its called Shen build by summonpwner. thanks

Notmiefault

07-06-2010

Where can I find your build described?

Nawo

07-07-2010

This build seems to work better on Twisted Trees as you won't be taking as much damage. Would you agree with this?

Cr1m1n4L

07-07-2010

Quote:
Yellow Runes: Energy Regeneration

They invented this?

Notmiefault

07-08-2010

Quote:
This build seems to work better on Twisted Trees as you won't be taking as much damage. Would you agree with this?

Yes, that is probably a fair statement, though I tend to do well on summoner's rift when I play there as well. I'm not sure why everyone seems to think this build isn't tank oriented; by level 18, I almost always have at least 4k health.

Notmiefault

07-08-2010

Also, yes, as of the last patch there are now energy-specific runes. =D

Notmiefault

07-08-2010

Added a brief explanation of "why" to the item build.

Vaynard

07-08-2010

while the item sounds nice the percent is so low I personally feel like the gold is better spent on a thornmail for armor or a sunfire cape or a guardian angel (depending on the situation of the match and everything else) but thats just my personal opinion