What to get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infearnova

12-26-2011

I've been thinking about which champion I should get next and I came to the conclusion that I'm too dumb to do it myself. I feel kinda picky and all I actually have now is Kassadin.
I've enjoyed playing as him but i feel i need other champions as well. The criteria are:

Cheap please! I can hardly ever find myself with a good amount of IP in my pocket and I'm too high a level to bot farm without any penalties.(I have about 2300 IP now)

Not too squishy! Of course I would like something that has a sufficient amount of health. It doesn't have to be the most tanky thing in the world as long as its not too squishy.

AP This isn't that important but it would be nice if it was an AP character and I kinda like ranged champs as well.

FUN to play I play LoL for my enjoyment and for nothing serious so it has to be someone you Have loved to play. Thanks Infearnova

If you have good IP guides please show it too me.

ViashinoWizard

12-26-2011

Cho'Gath. Not only is he fun to play, he's also one of the most versatile and reliable champs in the game. Cho is my absolute favorite champion, and since he's in the next free week rotation I highly recommend trying him out.

He also has several very good skins if you're into that kind of thing.

Infearnova

12-26-2011

Thanks for the support I'll try him out in the rotation. If you have any champs that are like that as well please feel free to suggest them.

ViashinoWizard

12-26-2011

Rumble is a similarly fun AP bruiser, but he's kind of expensive at 4800 IP. Swain is also a very fun tanky mage, but again he's 6300 =\

You can also get Tristana and Alistar for free by favoriting Riot on Facebook and subscribing to their YouTube channel, respectively.

Zeikei

12-26-2011

At 4800, Rumble is not cheap, but he's AP, pretty tanky strong.

Ryze is 475 (I think) and is one of the strongest late game champions in the game that really isn't too terrible the other phases of the game. He builds extremely durably compared to other AP carries, is ranged, and his CD's are SHORT if you play and build correctly, so you'll have fun mashing buttons all day long. Additionally, when you play Ryze, I (and others I've seen play, heard from etc..) you can bind all of your spells to be automatically smartcasted, as he has NO SKILLSHOTS and is a VERY SPAMMY caster.

Overall, I think you need to get Ryze, because he's strong, (IMO) fun, and the amount of IP he costs is trivial for how great of a champion you get.

Again, this is all my own opinions, but nonetheless, best of luck!

EDIT: If you haven't tried Annie already, she's free this week and is as cheap as Ryze, I don't like her that much ( I <3 Brand, but he's 6300)

Zeikei

12-26-2011

Other notables are:

Morgana (1350 - very safe to lane with, strong in team fights, easy to farm with, IMO not as fun, but others love her)

Twisted Fate (1350 - Pretty hit and miss, weaker laner, but a stun and built in teleport are fun tools)

Zilean (1350 - Strong, kind of support oriented later as he has low damage comparably late-game, but utility out the wazoo and brings people back to life! I don't enjoy playing him, but again, others certainly have)

Veigar (1350 - Just got buffs! You have to learn how to land your stun, and combo, and you have to be able to farm your Q for free AP, and you kind of kill one person really fast and don't have as much AoE damage as some other casters, that and the fact that he IS a combo reliant caster)

Nexus Crawler

12-27-2011

People left out Sion. He's fun, has a great CC, he's durable, and he can go AP or AD. Also he's on the cheap pile as well at only 1350.

Infearnova

12-27-2011

@ Zeikei thnx for the post really helped me out I was looking into Veigar and Morgana already. I don't like Sion or Ryze though for anyone who was wondering but thanks anyway.

Infearnova

02-10-2012

Ummm can i BUMP this thread?

Powerstoned

02-11-2012

Buy Runes before Champs