5HITCOMBO's guide to Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5HITCOMBO View Post
My friends list is 24/7 full and I delete like 3 people a day to free up slots. I'll find a space for you, even if only for a bit.
I played a game with you when you first got back after you uninstalled. Made my day because your learn 5hit thread helped me climb up to top 500 (i've since fallen but I got up there).

So thanks.

Louise

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5HITCOMBO View Post
What is the "flawed procedure" involved in choosing an arbitrary starting point and having everyone go up or down from there? You act like 800 Elo meant something before they decided 1200 Elo was the middle of the bell curve.
because that's not how elo moves, it's not a simple 0 sum system first of all, and secondly teams are not static.

most importantly the "placement" games greatly imbalance the system. it doesn't pair you against other people who gain and lose the same amount of rating that you do.

if you lose the game and lose 50 pts, the guy on the other team still gets his normal 12 gain, not 50.

if it were a true bell, why is the "top" shifting further and further. 1900 used to be the best rating, now we're looking at 2500s

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

Post more. Start a blog. Something.

Your writing about LoL is 10x better than any super high Elo player's.

lvxlol

07-29-2011

oh look its chinko ****** again you aren't in 1800 **** you are in 1700 because you're terrible try to push your eyes close together because they are too slanted to read freak

fiishfish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
unless you are in the 50/50 side of the coin that gets the crit annie on your team.
Sorry, but this really bothers me. It's not a 50/50 chance unless you, also, may play a crit annie. Otherwise your chance (assuming it is "random") would be 1:1.25. x_x

Louise

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiishfish View Post
Sorry, but this really bothers me. It's not a 50/50 chance unless you, also, may play a crit annie. Otherwise your chance (assuming it is "random") would be 1:1.25. x_x
while true, i was merely quickly making a point, not bogging the argument down in a 4slot vs 5slot debate

civs

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvxlol View Post
oh look its chinko ****** again you aren't in 1800 **** you are in 1700 because you're terrible try to push your eyes close together because they are too slanted to read freak

blazein1

07-29-2011

did u know ur name looks alot like sh i t combo

Louise

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashGizmo View Post
hilarious that that comes from dyrus who trollpicks every other game and randomly decides to forever hate people based off of isolated games/second hand info (still not sure which is the reason he hates me, but oh well!). guess it just proves his point though, so w/e, lol.
obvious he's an agent of his own agenda

ElmarinHero

07-29-2011

Gonna try to carry me to the 1400's, never played ranked games (There is one in the record, that was an accident)