Second Intel Extreme Masters Stop Revealed!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolgod124

07-29-2011

Why are you people saying only a NA team can pass? The post and the website of the event clearly specifiy its an American team, meaning Central America and South America can participate as well.

Kogenryuu

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Mowgli View Post
the koreans will win
That made my ribs hurt XD

Reuva

07-29-2011

Once IEM comes to NA they'll have 4-5 teams asian 1-2 and europe 1-2. Also I don't know why some people are complaining about the cost to go to tournaments thats what sponsors are for CLG and TSM have sponsors, Razor, TTesports Bigfoot ect they should be paying the trip fees to get there products promoted. Sk-Gaming, FnaticMSI, Millenium are all gaming companies this is why Europe gets 2 spots because they have more sponsored teams.

Rabid Bookshelf

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
With Gamescom on the horizon, the Intel Extreme Masters' Season 6 is about to kick-off! While the Cologne, Germany event marks League of Legends' entry onto the Intel Extreme Master's global stage, the organization has recently revealed details regarding their next stop.

This October, Guangzhou, China will play host to the second Global Challenge tour stop. A historical event, this will mark the first ever international League of Legends tournament to take place in Asia. This multi-day marathon of competition will pit eight teams against each other for a $32,000 prize pool as well as two spots in the Intel Extreme Masters World Finals.

If you think you have what it takes to compete with the best teams in your region, then check out the qualifier information here: http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/guangzhou/

Intel Extreme Masters Global Challenge Guangzhou
Location - Guangzhou, China
Dates - October 1st-5th
Qualifying Teams ? Eight: 2 European, 1 American, 2 Korean, 2 Chinese, 1 Southeast Asian
Prizes - $32,000

Open EU Qualifiers
July 30 - EU West Qualifier #1 - Top 2 advance to Regional Qualifier
July 30 - EU East/Nordic Qualifier #1 - Top 2 advance to Regional Qualifier
August 6th - EU West Qualifier #2 - Top 2 advance to Regional Qualifier
August 6th - EU East/Nordic Qualifier #2 - Top 2 advance to Regional Qualifier
August 13th - European Qualifier - Top 2 advance to China

Open US Qualifiers
August 10th - American Qualifier - Top team advances to China

Stay tuned next week for further information on another Intel Exteme Masters tournament.
When will further details to the location be revealed? I will be about 10 hours away from Guangzhou and I will try my ****edest to get there for this. I'm pretty cool with missing a few days of classes for the opportunity to see this in person.

HeLLMMaNS

07-29-2011

Man... the person that made this site http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/guangzhou/ is a horrible at it. How is this US team gonna work ? Where do you sign in ? How do you compete? I saw that it starts saturday, i wanna try it out... I know im capable of wooping 99.9% of those people out there. If u have any info for me, email me at lucasvrocha95@yahoo.com

Qantes

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzun View Post
Man... the person that made this site http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/guangzhou/ is a horrible at it. How is this US team gonna work ? Where do you sign in ? How do you compete? I saw that it starts saturday, i wanna try it out... I know im capable of wooping 99.9% of those people out there. If u have any info for me, email me at lucasvrocha95@yahoo.com
What? Can it be even easier? You just click the blue "Qualifier" under the LoL section and it takes you to the actual qualifier site, then you just click on "sign-up". You need to have a an ESL account with a joined LoL team ofc.

Ryzablood

07-29-2011

WIll it be streaming?

The Gee

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolgod124 View Post
Why are you people saying only a NA team can pass? The post and the website of the event clearly specifiy its an American team, meaning Central America and South America can participate as well.
I hate to be a **** but looking at past tournaments/qualifiers, why would people expect a Central or South American team to win it when there's hardly any presence in competitive play. The well known teams from the Americas are North American, but nobody is saying that they can't compete I believe, there's always surprises.

Hethow

07-29-2011

Qualifying Teams ? Eight: 2 European, 1 American, 2 Korean, 2 Chinese, 1 Southeast Asian

1 American team??? sad

bulbasaurz

07-29-2011

League of Legends, baby's first eSport.

How can people even be surprised about teams having to pay to get to tournaments or the number of slots allocated per nation relative to where the tournament is being hosted. It's always been this way.