Overall experience

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScotTFO

09-08-2009

Well I know this isn't about any specific champion and I am sure most of you know more about the champions and their flaws than I so I will elave those alone. Also I am sure much of this has been suggested already, so this might just be some redundant reading for most of you.

I only got the play the beta a few days but I really like what I saw having playing DOTA a few times.

A few changed I would like to suggest are more in the engine itself.

1. Ready-up; Make a ready button so we don't have to sit around during the countdown. Now this is not to say remove the countdown, I still think it's a good thing to have. So if a player desides he wants to get on other players nerves by not hitting ready, then it'll default to the countdown and launch when it expires. Though all players readying up will start the game without delay.

2. Load Screen; Allow chatting during the load screen. This should allow for a bit more entertainment between the players and let them work out some of their strategic details before the map starts.

3. Pre-Game; When map is done loading put players in world instead of sitting watching the slower players load. Perhaps set boundaries to where they cannot run past their half of the map, though I sometimes got frustrated sitting there while some of the players with slower computers took 10 times the ammount of time to load. This would allow for these players to get in game, and shop for their characters, or simply browse the shop. It would at least be more fun and more productive than watching the load screen.

4. Leavers; when someone leaves the game and is gone for x ammount of minutes I think their champions should drop their items. Because of that player being a part of the game and are sharing in the experience, when someone elaves they can greatly offset the balance of the teams. This is not saying that by giving away their items will make it even again, but at least it could help the now short handed players.

I also think that this could apply for AFK players, if they are AFK for x ammount of minutes they too should drop their items in order to assist the lacking team.

5. Player feedback; I think at the end of each round you should have a selection to block players. By this I mean, if you are playing a game with a player who is purposely sabotaging your team, being rude or anything of the like that you should have the option of blocking the game from matching you up with them. Now making this permanant may be the wrong move as people will simply block new and bad players, never giving them a chance to get better. So maybe make a time limit on the block, say perhaps 2 weeks, and then you have to have that player in a game again in order to block them again.

This should only be allowed for players on your team as players should not be able to block opposing players simply because they are too good.

Just my .02 cents

Apoxol

09-08-2009

On #4 perhaps instead of dropping items it could automatically sell them all and divide the remaining gold up amongst the remaining players. However that being said I have had more problems with AFK'ers / Leavers in the first 5 minutes of the game than in the long game, but my experience is limited thus far.

ScotTFO

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoxol View Post
On #4 perhaps instead of dropping items it could automatically sell them all and divide the remaining gold up amongst the remaining players. However that being said I have had more problems with AFK'ers / Leavers in the first 5 minutes of the game than in the long game, but my experience is limited thus far.
That could be a good solution as well.

Just something to try to help the team to keep the game fun. I have had problems mid and late game when people start dieing a lot because of over-powered champions, they get fed up and leave, leaving the rest of the team short handed.

shedim

09-08-2009

Great suggestions here. Hope RIOT will have a look at this.

Prometheus

09-08-2009

I like all of these except for #3, which I'm ambivalent about.

beefedyabbi

09-08-2009

I also like your suggestions except i don't see a point in a chat on the load screen and then advancing into the game as soon as you are finished loading, one of the other would make sense. Then again i wouldn't personally find any benefit as the group i play with uses vent. If Vent/TS is commonplace for most groups perhaps it's unnecesary.

As for items i agree they should be sold and their value divided amongst the remaining players.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefed Yabbi