Good generic rune build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bidorr the Great

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

I'm looking to try out some new champions since I've been using primarily Ryze and Gangplank for so long. My question is, should i attempt to make a rune page that is good for a wide spectrum of champions, and if so, what would you suggest i put in it?

Carados

04-30-2010

Red: Armor/Magic Pen
Yellow: Dodge/Flat HP
Blue: Cooldowns
Quint: Flat HP/Armor Pen/Magic Pen

Zedon

04-30-2010

you couldn't check the "Generic Rune Pages" thread down a wee bit on the first page of this forum?

Theostru

04-30-2010

Carados answered it anyway, so you don't need to go beyond that. Or this, if you got that far.

The Promise

04-30-2010

I run two pages, both of which work for Nidalee, depending on what my team needs. But they also work for generic Physical and Mage pages.

Physical:
Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: CDR
Quits: HP/Armor Pen (I run full ArP but it's up to you)

Mage:
Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: Mp5/Level
Quints: HP

Micar

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
I run two pages, both of which work for Nidalee, depending on what my team needs. But they also work for generic Physical and Mage pages.

Physical:
Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: Dodge
Quits: HP/Armor Pen (I run full ArP but it's up to you)

Mage:
Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: Mp5/Level
Quints: HP
Pretty good, think ill do this now. But dodge runes are so expensive, CDR too =/

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

For support champs, would it be better to get IAS for red runes instead? Most support champs seem to scale much better with IAS compared to something like MPen in my opinion.

turtlejay

05-01-2010

What about crit chance for red? Every champ can crit, so wouldn't getting all reds as crit chance be a good thing?

Still figuring out runes and what I want. I just hit 30 so buying them all is kind of daunting in it's scope. I'd like to not waste time like I did when I first started buying runes.

Jay

Voodoo Pygmy

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlejay View Post
What about crit chance for red? Every champ can crit, so wouldn't getting all reds as crit chance be a good thing?

Still figuring out runes and what I want. I just hit 30 so buying them all is kind of daunting in it's scope. I'd like to not waste time like I did when I first started buying runes.

Jay
Every champ can crit yes, but do you really think that's the main source of damage on casters like Ryze or Annie? Or even useful at all on a tank like Allistar? I doubt it counts for %1 of a casters total damage endgame. And besides, for almost every melee champ in the game Armor Penetration is a bettter choice for getting more damage out of your autoattacks.

Bidorr the Great

05-02-2010

thanks gys. i guess my email is messed up with LoL, cuz i wasnt getting any notifications of posts here. Great advice

Nate