More spell vamp!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wild Panic

04-30-2010

While life steal items have a whole category of their own, maybe it's time we had more than just 1 spell vamp item.

Ebonclaw

05-01-2010

I agree.

This isn't much of a discussion.

Penguinimp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

I agree.... Maybe suggest items.... Spell vamp could be like life steal because i know they're is alot of characters that use just spells...

Fluffy1

05-01-2010

the spell vamp on haunting guise is very recent is a essentially a test run of how the community takes it and how balanced it is, more items will come when they feel it has been tested for balance enough.

DeathWingSC

05-01-2010

Then so far: It's UP because we don't have enough of it :P

Sphinx001

05-02-2010

If they would make the spellvamp on haunting guise non-unique. The magic pen part unique. People would buy it to get spellvamp, but would be kind of a waste. Then yeah, new spellvamp item would be nice, or an upgrade from haunting guise.

Kriptini

05-02-2010

While it would make casters more useful lategame, I think Morgana would be ticked off if people could just go out and buy her passive.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
While it would make casters more useful lategame, I think Morgana would be ticked off if people could just go out and buy her passive.
She kinda already is. But Master Yi's is just an extra 10% crit, which you can also buy. Then there is Anivia, for which Guardian Angel is arguably better than her Egg. Fiddlesticks is somewhat jealous of Abyssal Scepter. Force of Nature is the same as Mundo's passive. Nausus passive is almost exactly the same as a Vamp Scepter. Finally, Kayle and Eve are generally considered as not having passives at all (sometimes Veigar goes here too).

Ebonclaw

05-02-2010

Eve passve = replicated by masteries (somewhat)
Kayle passive = jealous of anyone with a passive worth copying for an item

I think there should be high end items that replicate most passives for one purpose or another, and they should always stack properly with that passive, so like in the case of Anivia with GA, you really are getting amazing mileage by doubling up. Likewise, Nasus WITH a Vamp Sceptre has tremendous staying power, Yi's passive is in fact sort of multiplicative with crit chance, as well as applying on hit effects, etc etc.

Mowarth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

Haunting guise isn't made to heal alot of hp, just an item for early game.

I buy it for penetration and a little more survivabillity.

By they way, Theres lots of lifesteal items for a reason, DPS champions are dependant on lifesteal and casters was already fine before spell vamp, so dont make casters even stronger, DPS champions are almost never good in teamfights while Casters roflstomps everyone, I dont see why more spell vamp items would be needed, if it would be added it shouldnt be much more, maybe 15% on a quite expensive item but that might be gamebreaking since lots of burst damage champions (Annie, Ryze, Kassadin, Katarina, Kennen)

So no, I wouldnt say that more spell vamp is needed.