[Help] Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJTK

04-30-2010

Ok, so I'm an ok Sivir player. Not the best, definitely not the worst, but could use some improvement. Still learning the "predict when to use shield" bit, but other than that, I think I have her mechanics down.

The issue that I'm coming across, is Mastery/Runes and possibly items.

For Mastery, I'm going down the offensive tree first, and here is what I have currently.

Deadliness 3/3
Cripple 1/1
Alacrity 4/4
Sorcery 4/4

I am most likely going to continue down the offensive tree and go with;
Offensive Mastery 2/2
Sunder 3/3
Brute Force 3/3
Improved Rally 1/1
Havoc 1/1

I realize this puts me at 22 points. And then for the other 7 points, going down the Utility tree;

Perseverence: 3/3
Spatial Accuracy: 1/1
Awareness: 4/4

Rally and Teleport are the two spells that I use. Rally is great for the additional attack when taking down towers or for team fights and teleport, less time walking back from your base. I could go with Exhaust & Ignite for a more offensive option, but I'm waiting to see what other more experienced people ahve to say.

Onto my runes;

For marks, I'm using Armor Penetration.
For Seals, I'm using Dodge.
For Glyphs, I'm using Attack Speed.
For Quintessences, I'm using Armor Penetration.

Currently, I have;
Armor Penetration +8.3
Dodge +2.2%
Attack Speed +1.1% (I haven't put Tier 2 glyphs in yet, needing more IP)

Now, I could be doing my glyphs wrong. There was one guide that I read that was pretty well done that seemed to point me in the right direction. http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...ir+-+To+Battle

So, I'm pretty much looking for some more help. Maybe I'm being incredibly stupid in my item choices, listed in the above link, maybe I'm being stupid about my choices elsewhere, I don't know, but I do know that I can become a lot better, I just don't know where.

tonpole

04-30-2010

It's a lengthy read, but eventually you're going to want to make it through all 18+ pages of this: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=71506

I'm not anywhere near the level of QUICKSLIDE or the other Sivir greats, so I'll mostly let you just read what they've said. I will say, however, that I really prefer the defensive tree for Sivir. Blocking the minion damage and a little bit of physical really helps me harass early game without taking a lot of damage from their creeps. Late game, I'm only useful if I can stay alive.

As far as summoner spells, I've recently been experimenting with exhaust and ignite and have been having great results early game, but I suspect it's mostly due to my low elo. Also, if you want to have some laughs, pair that with an AP build. It's completely useless endgame, against good opponents, or when they stack MR, but man it's funny to watch boomerang blade nuke their team for huge damage.

[Edit] I forgot, the only change I have in runes is that I have mp5/level glyphs.

DJTK

04-30-2010

Thanks for that thread. Rune wise and I think Mastery wise I know where to go. Seems the consensus is still Chalice, Boots(variable of 4 boots, which don't include Ninja Tabi, which I find odd), Starks and Aegis & Blood Thirster.

Then question is, what is the exact build order now?

tonpole

05-01-2010

I usually go:

1. Meki and 2 hp pots
2. Chalice and boots 1
3. Emblem and either boots 2 (usually treads, sometimes tabis, hardly ever anything else) or recurve bow
4. Starks
5. BF sword, vamp scepter, to bloodthirster
6. Survivability items. If we're doing well, this could be phage into frozen mallet for the hp boost and slow. If I need to be more careful, I'll stack some defensive items depending on the matchup. If they're magic-heavy, I'm more likely to get a banshee's veil over anything else. Two spell shields are not overkill, and the extra health and MR helps.

I've been skipping Aegis since the nerf because it provides a lot less benefit to your team. It's still nice for giving minions extra damage, but I'm less eager to solo push towers with this build, since it's really easy to get ganked if you're not careful. Also, since you can't backdoor effectively, the other team is going to see you pushing from a mile away and react accordingly. Aegis might still be a good item, but I think it requires much better map awareness than I currently have.

DJTK

05-01-2010

Yea, I've been using Aegis and have been having really good results with it.

I guess after starks and blood thirster, it's really up in the air of which way to go.