Oracle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azheal

04-30-2010

I was playing last game against eve and i must say that i dont like how easy is to counter her stealth.Cheap wards plus oracle and eve cant do nothing.I dont think its ok that 1 item completly destroyes 1 champions playstyle.There is no other item like this

ShardOfDarkness

04-30-2010

This has been discussed to death, raised, killed again, (repeat step 2 and 3 adnasium)...the fact is stealth, while interesting, is an inherently problematic mechanic and balancing it will always be a problem. Eve suffers from being the most dependent upon her stealth and hurt the most by detection (Shaco's is so brief as to be irrelivant and Twitch's range means he's more after the as buff his stealth gives.)

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

04-30-2010

The general consensus from previous discussions on this topic (and there have been oh soooooooooooo many...) is that the problem lies with Eve, not the Oracle Elixir. While there are a few Tank/DPS hybrid builds circling the darkest circles, the predominant method (and the primary method intended by Riot) of playing Eve is burst oriented. To balance her damage potential, she had to be very squishy. Because she is so squishy, she is entirely dependent on her stealth to do anything. Twitch has similar limitations, but since he is a ranged champion (his attack range is actually about the same as Oracle reveal radius) he is not as direly affected as Eve, and Shaco has a Flash built into his, meaning you won't see him coming even if you have an Oracle.

JayceJa

04-30-2010

yea, the main problem is eve is melee, she has no closing ability(except invisibility) and is very squishy

if invisibility gave some sort of closing ability(slow immunity/speed boost etc.) at the cost of reducing the duration a lot, it would let her actually gank and initiate better, but stop her walking around permanently invisible looking for low health champions all game

this would make her more useful in higher ELO, balance her a bit for low ELO where she destroys, and make her require more skill and tactics

Killroth

05-02-2010

Make her les squishy, but with lower attack in order to balance it. In case of oracles, it allows her to play teamfights.

Kriptini

05-02-2010

Step 1 is giving Eve a useful passive. It's been said time and again that the passive on her ult should become her normal passive, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Step 2 is finding a way to improve Eve's early game if a Ward is bought and placed. My suggestion would be to expand the range of Hate Spike, and make it do full damage to everything in the radius.

The final step would be to make Eve useful in teamfights. But I have no idea on how to do that.

The God Ghetto Holy

05-03-2010

According to a RIot post (Which I agree with) Eve is not likely to be buffed because newbies would QQ their faces off to death if she was any stronger than she is. Sure, high Elo people can shut her down, but bob who just started the game and may not know what an oracles is, or may have trouble having enough gold to buy one may not keep playing the game long enough to give any money to Riot which means Riot can't afford to keep the game open, which means we all lose.

I think they should just nerf her stealth and then buff the hero, that's just me.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The God Ghetto Holy View Post
I think they should just nerf her stealth and then buff the hero, that's just me.
There is a Riot post somewhere saying that if anything is done to Eve, it will be a rework, not a buff/nerf.