Rune set up for Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Godlyknown

09-08-2009

can some 1 please give me tips on a good rune set up for Ryze please. like does armor penetration work for Ryze and also if you have some items build that would be apreciated

Anansi

Adjudicator

09-08-2009

Malice is best for Red.
For Yellow, I'm not sure at all. Vitality is always ok.
Force or Insight for Blue.
Avarice is always good for Quintessence, so is Potency to drive early kills.

Edit: just saw your question about items. Item build should focus on AP. Start with Sapphire to build Sheen. Then Boots, then Mejaj Soulstealer.

After than you want to upgrade Sheen to Lichbane, and if the game lasts longer, Zhonya's ring, Archangel Staff, and probably Banshee's Veil / Guardian Angel for survivability.

Hope it helps!

A.

Godlyknown

09-08-2009

atm in red i use only desolation in yellow force blue insight and quintessence i use insight again so i have at 15 armor penetration and 9 magic penetration what i really wonder is about the armor penetration is it any good for ryze or maybe go with cooldowns instead

Hiclic

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlyknown View Post
atm in red i use only desolation in yellow force blue insight and quintessence i use insight again so i have at 15 armor penetration and 9 magic penetration what i really wonder is about the armor penetration is it any good for ryze or maybe go with cooldowns instead
Don't quote me here, but I'm pretty sure Magic damage is reduced by Magic Resist, not Armor. So it's useless on Ryze the moment you pick up and activate E.

Mr Tibbers

09-08-2009

Hiclic is right. It makes no sense to get armor pen runes on Ryze. I know that and I haven't even TRIED him yet. :/

Savage

09-08-2009

Malice (Crit chance) in red, either Insight (magic pen) or Clarity (Mana regen/level) in blue, depending on how much regen you're buying / how much you want to blue pill. Yellow is always a toss up, I'd grab Regeneration (HP5/level) if I took the Clarities and Vitality (HP/level) if I did not; Force (AP/level) isn't bad here either. For your Quintessences I'd either take Potency (AP), Avarice (gold per 10), or Swiftness (Move speed).

For your items, try and get away with opening with an Amplifying Tome or Boots, plus healing potions, and rush to Soulstealer. Ideally you want to get boots and Soulstealer as fast as possible, then start ganking when you get your ult at 6. After that stack AP; Ryze is a one trick pony, one shotting people with his ult, so go all-in on it with your items and grab Lich Bane, Archangel's Staff, Abyssal Scepter, and a Zhonya's Ring late game.

Burninator

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
Malice (Crit chance) in red, either Insight (magic pen) or Clarity (Mana regen/level) in blue, depending on how much regen you're buying / how much you want to blue pill. Yellow is always a toss up, I'd grab Regeneration (HP5/level) if I took the Clarities and Vitality (HP/level) if I did not; Force (AP/level) isn't bad here either. For your Quintessences I'd either take Potency (AP), Avarice (gold per 10), or Swiftness (Move speed).

For your items, try and get away with opening with an Amplifying Tome or Boots, plus healing potions, and rush to Soulstealer. Ideally you want to get boots and Soulstealer as fast as possible, then start ganking when you get your ult at 6. After that stack AP; Ryze is a one trick pony, one shotting people with his ult, so go all-in on it with your items and grab Lich Bane, Archangel's Staff, Abyssal Scepter, and a Zhonya's Ring late game.
I disagree with your assessment of Ryze as a one-trick pony. Sure, His ult is so exceptionally good at one-shotting people in the early game that you should be doing so at every occasion, I find that his ult loses effectiveness as the game progresses, though, thankfully, Ryze scales beautifully with the correct items. A rod of ages gives him everything he needs: AP, HP, and Mana. Lich bane is practically made for Ryze's passive, allowing you to burst off an extremely powerful attack (treated as a spell) after each cast. Critting off of these is no laughing matter either, especially if you've stacked magic penetration and crit damage through runes/masteries.

How I build mah Ryze:
1. Runes:
Red- Crit Damage OR Crit Chance (I prefer damage)
Blue- Magic Penetration
Yellow- HP/lvl
Quint- Gold/10 OR Magic Penetration OR Crit Damage. I use avarice, but since neither of the other two can be bought cost-effectively on Ryze, they are suitable replacements.

Masteries: The spell penetration rune is a must. Your options are 9/0/21 or 21/0/9, really, nothing mind-blowing.

Summoner Spells:
1. Teleport
2. Flash
Imo, the only way to play Ryze. Flash sets up stun+ult scenarios and teleport is just indispensable for my style of play.

Items:
I generally start with a Doran's Ring. The mana regen isn't huge, but it's just enough for you to harass with your lvl 1 Q and occasionally stun. Don't forget the health pot.

Farm up and get a soulstealer and your sorc boots.

Build your catalyst (in preparation for your rod)

Build Sheen for extra DPS in between spells

Finish Rod

Finish Lich Bane

????

Profit!

Savage

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
I disagree with your assessment of Ryze as a one-trick pony.
So what's his other trick?

Godlyknown

09-08-2009

thank you very much