So Sick of Abilities Working After Flash!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salacha

07-28-2011

You can;t really complain about the ping reality of online games. It;s not a problem they can fix without breaking the game in other regards. Something that happens one out of maybe 1000 tries is not game breaking or complaint worthy.

Kovas

07-28-2011

As signed, I once grabbed a RAGING-tryn trying to spin away through dragon area.

He was sooo pissed.

kylecito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathathon View Post
This has nothing to do with it. Think about it: lag could not result in me being flung back over the wall to the position I was in. Only if I had successfully flashed through the wall. And besides my whole team said "WTF?!" and the other team laughed about it... So it's a design flaw.
Well then, you have basically no idea at all how networking works.

powahless

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerghal View Post
I laugh every time someone's get out of fail free card doesn't work. I like it better with projectiles though, especially if they have a dash/closer ability they use and then flash even further. The spear flies like triple distance.
or jarvan's ult, or yi's alpha strike

Kefkacorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2011

what would be fair is if they took the broken summoner skill that is flash out or rework it.

Texas Snyper

07-28-2011

I see why this happens, but can the server(game) detect when this happens and give the ability (off cooldown) to the person who lost the race in obvious instances? There have been times where I would rocket jump as trist and while mid air, singed would toss me back as if i was where I started from but now I have no rocket jump. Losing flash would be more annoying due to its much longer cooldown. Be hard to detect such ones like dodging/not dodging skill shots, galio ult with somebody right on the line, etc but the single target ones like blitz grab/singe toss/etc should be able to undo the spell/ability usage to make up for losing the race because of ping.

Xbull

07-28-2011

I like that half the people in this thread are acting like they don't use flash "cause it's a get out of fail free card". I'm willing to bet if you don't use it, because you have a moral objection to it you die a lot in this game.

Lets not act like flash is some big monster lurking in the forest ready to eat your children please.

IS1751bc045bc883

07-28-2011

lol, race condition. Riot programmers.

PastrySandwich

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Ferro View Post
This is a result of a race condition on network communication.

Your client says you got away and sends the message to the server. The other player's client says you didn't get away and sends that message to the server. The server now will try to run both scenarios, which means you flash and get thrown at the same time, resulting in you getting thrown in some cases and missed in others.

You probably don't notice when getting away wins the race condition cause you got away and are not dead with nothing else to think about. :P
k... so fix it?

Agnir

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathathon View Post
It has been this way since the game released, and it just isn't right.

After I flash through a wall, Singed can grab me and throw me back over the wall from the other side?! Several examples of this...

C'mon now!! Please fix this...
You know what? Your lying to us. Singed can't throw people through walls, therefore, what you have said is a LIE!