How To Run *Properly*

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JRightLive

04-30-2010

First ppl might say running is for wimps or what not... But as you know proper running is a major part of LoL. You have to know when to run, where to run, and MOST importantly where not to run!!

I wrote this b/c i get sick of ppl saying "Run like a noob" b/c you didn't die. Only if these idiots understood that not feeding the other team & knowing how not to do so takes great skill. Silly ppl say come 1v1 me and u'll die. Thats the exactly reason why i'm not going to 1v1 you. This is a team game and as a team we will F u up. Until then good luck catching me!!

Running is very different on TT vs Rift, but the concept is the same.

TT is a close side by side map, it only takes a good 5-7 seconds to lane change which is very good information to know when u notice top or bot is mia. Rift is far bigger and if ur caught alone chances are by the time your team gets to you, your soul is flying off while you read that annoying "You have been slain" message!!

1. Know how your char escapes. Do you have a leap?? What about a Riftwalk like Kass or Arcane Shift like Ezreal. Can you jump walls & and which walls you can't jump (due to distance). Also take note if you Riftwalk to the Dragon, can you survive his attacks. There is nothing worse than jumping to the Dragon on low HP attempting a mad get away from a gank just to get slain by the Dragon. All in All know how your char runs!!!!

2. Always take notice where your teammates are!! While ur being chased they can come rescue you which will turn your escape to an Assist or even a Kill. Hopefully you have teammates that have good map awareness. You can always ping a meeting point while running, maybe they will get the hint that u r in trouble and need help.

3. Take note even if you can run. There is no point in dieing with your back turned, sometimes you have to stand and fight like a man. Hopefully you can weaken them enough to have your teammate (which is coming to your rescue anyways) to finish them off without any problem. If you can't escape stand and fight!

4. This is the most important rule to me!! When you see you are about to get ganked or getting chased by Jax. Look for the clearest, fastest, most predictable path back to your closets tower or main base, and run OPPOSITE of that direction!!!! Simply put, enter the jungle and run all the wrong way, or so they think. In reality its the right way. In most cases you can make a quick dodge in the wrong way, sneak into the first bush and blue pill. By the time they realize what has happen 7.5 seconds is gone and your back at ur base reading the message "Nice Escape"!!

Tips: If you use flash like I do on just about every game & you have a leap or jump ability. You can jump to the dragon wait for them to come around the corner and flash back to the lane and run into the other jungle and make a clean get away.

On TT on the North Jungle there is that bush (One by each tower) which i call the "Ring around the rosey" Take note that while standing on one side of that bush the person can not see you exactly opposite of you.. So you can basically Run around that once or twice, while waiting for your CD and leap away across the wall of the dragon.

I think its more important to not die than it is to kill, and running is a big aid in not dieing! Not dieing early leads to more killing later.. IMO

Teabag Terror

04-30-2010

Additionally, if you know you have little to no chance of escape, be a man and fight back. Hopefully, you'll either force him to return to the base once you are dead, or he'll be freaked out, assume that your teammates are close enough to rape him, and run away.

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-30-2010

makes sense to me. It's mostly what I do.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabag Terror View Post
Additionally, if you know you have little to no chance of escape, be a man and fight back. Hopefully, you'll either force him to return to the base once you are dead, or he'll be freaked out, assume that your teammates are close enough to rape him, and run away.
This is the biggest mistake everyone makes

Kajitii

04-30-2010

About point 4, I only do that if I have good reason to suspect the people are going to jump me. Other than that, I can say good times were had when I get phail-ganked by Fiddlesticks =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azghyn Nite View Post
This is the biggest mistake everyone makes
You've clearly never had to face imminent death at the hands of an auto-attack champion that slows you every hit.

Bigricky

04-30-2010

You're coming from a common view point phase that probably every player goes through at some point or another...that YOUR survival is of the most importance to your team. This is WRONG and will actually cause you and your team to do worse. Before you bash or jump to the assumption that I am bashing you in any way, I will paint a VERY common scenario for you to think about to understand what I'm trying to say here.

A team fight is initiated 5v5. Assume that this fight is even and that both teams have an equal chance of winning. Now imagine that both teams carries are taking damage at an even rate. With your current mindset, you would run at low HP because you view your death as something negative towards victory. Guess what happens when you run and their carry doesn't? You turn the fight into a 5v4 because taking yourself out of the fight is JUST AS BAD as dying in the scope of who wins the team fight. You contribute just as much to a team fight with 300 hp as you do with 3000.

The CORRECT viewpoint is to understand how team fights work and use battle awareness along with positioning in your teams favor to influence the other team into doing things that will hinder their chances of winning. Lets imagine that you're the carry and suddenly you notice that 3 of them have shifted their focus to you. Before they can fully commit to focusing you, you have to preemptively reposition to a more favorable spot. By running within the fight you are causing those players to do ZERO damage as long as they chase you. Your team is doing full damage and they will be forced to redirect their attention elsewhere. Now, your hp is low, but you should not be out of the fight. This is your chance to reenter the fight and continue to contribute, as opposed to counting yourself out and recalling.

The ONLY time you should flat out run from a fight is if it's immediately apparent that your team has lost. You walk into a bush and see 2 players get instagibbed. In this situation your team should cut their losses and retreat from the fight because these are the situations you do not want to willingly feed deaths in.

Accept that you will die and I PROMISE you that you will improve your personal play along with your w/l ratio.

turtlejay

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testiclies View Post
Accept that you will die and I PROMISE you that you will improve your personal play along with your w/l ratio.
I'd like to improve my game to the point where I'm playing with people who understand this. Because currently, almost every game has some all knowing ******bag who loves giving bad advice, or just being a cockmongler and trolling their own team. Dying puts a target on your head. Having chat filled with asterisks from some neckbeard is not my idea of a fun game.

But this is not the fault of the game, but some of the basement-dwelling virgins that play it.

Jay

Tempests Wrath

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testiclies View Post

Where this is true, and it even grants a few more assists than normal. The advice about running is (pending the circumstance) defiantly valid in the laning phase. Where denying someone an early kill 1v1 or 2v2 can make a lot of a difference as to how the game unfolds.

Mesa H

05-02-2010

Just know when to Back , it's much more comfortable than using all your brain power to run away.

People stay infront of a tower 3v2, and have no idea that they aren't going to get that tower, they think they can out wait them? or wait for a good moment to tower dive? either way it's useless, just Back when you can't penetrate a defence, you're better off farming or switching to another lane.

JustDavid

05-02-2010

I would also like to mention knowing when to back off a push. I've seen several ganks occur because one lane decides to push to tower while 3 champions are MIA. Of course they all pop out and they get killed (sometimes they blame their other lanes for not calling MIA's).

In short, becareful when you cross river with MIA's.