[Guide] Soraka, Growing Power

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

04-30-2010

There is a tank build for Soraka that does well but I am purely support end-game but to get to where I need to be to help my team a lot more then normal is with the gold I earn early game. Starfall does a lot more then just damage..if you are with a caster the reduce in MR helps along with the fact that starfall does a decent amount of damage it keeps people back if they know it will hit them before they can hit you (melee really).

With my build I can cast wish fairly often so I am not scared to use it to keep me alive and with it doing tons of healing it more then makes up for my lack of armor/health though I do have another item I tend to build depending on who I am against and will edit the guide to show it.

And thank you Doctor Awesome for pointing that out to the others...

Vangu

05-03-2010

Added an alternative item that you should get depending on how the game is going.

f3nyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

Mejai's Soulstealer is a snow ball item right? so its not the best for Soraka since she usually is one of the first targets on ganks. Soraka is very easy to gank so stacks are reallly dificult to keep.

Vangu

05-03-2010

It is a snowball item and one that the cost is very low and each charge is more AP then you will get from most items. So any AP you get is great and on a pure ap build thats all that matters let alone if you get 20 charges you get cd-reduction on top of tons more ap from the ring helping as well. The good thing about Soraka being targeted first is people will focus you like no other..you have the ring and heal/infuse/ult all on cd? pop the ring and free 2 seconds of people trying to attack you while they die.

That and if you use clair like you should you will almost never get ganked..and if you die well you shouldnt be solo should you?

Szabster

05-03-2010

Hey

I've been maining Soraka for a while and I don't really agree with so many levels of starfalls in the beginning. You're job is to keep your lanemate safe and healthy so he can harass the hell out of your opponents. Mejai is not a bad item if you wanna go AP but I personally think CDR is what Soraka really needs. Expanded mind is also a bad mastery unless you go high mana ryze or kassadin. An occasional golem buff can help you a lot and the longer it lasts the better. My first item is usually mana gem unless they are pure AP, in that case it's one of the components of spirit visage. Everybody loves ganking Soraka early game cause she is squishy. So normally my first item is Glacial shroud and normal boots, then go for some hp item cause you're still squishy, anything that can be built from giants belt or ruby and USEFUL for Soraka is good. (Yes starfall works wonders with Rylai) Summoner spells I usually take clarity and flash. Clarity with mastery is always **** usefull unless you are stuck with a kennen which you shouldnt.

All in all, i think it's a matter of style but I think healing more often can save more allies than healing one big chunk then sit around waiting for your CD.

Vangu

05-04-2010

If you see my other guides I almost always do 40% cd-reduction and actually have a Soraka build I used to main doing that but really I enjoy doing one huge heal with a couple seconds longer on waiting then fairly small heals that can be done more often. In a team fight the odds of you getting off more then two heals before you are focused/silenced/killed..etc is fairly small so one huge 800+ heal is great and always turns the tide of the battle.

The past 5 games I have been in I have only been able to do one level of starfall do to the other team being too aggressive and that is fine. But if the other team is being pushed back by you and you have no reason to get more then 1-2 points in infuse/astral blessing you shouldn't and should get starfall to get more xp/gold. Also not sure if you actually read my guide I take expanded mind and it helps a ton on giving me more ap/mana.

Necks

08-23-2010

Soraka never needs mana items. Even though her skills and role in the team are mana intensive, she can be completely okay with zero many items. I personally just get soulstealer and then rush zhonya's ring after.

Boots, sight ward
Boots of mobility, meijai's soul stealer (AP/gold break-even is at 6 stacks; easy)
Zhonya's Ring (needlessly large rod -> blasting wand -> ring)

It's very glass cannon, but the heals are so large and game-changing. Flash and ghost, and permanent movement 5 speed are your survivability, along with good reflexes.

Gunflame

08-23-2010

I used to play soraka on 3v3... and it was not rare for me to get first blood.

maxing starcall ASAP is not a very good strategy. You will run out of mana to cast it. get some extra points on infused earlier