[Guide] Soraka, Growing Power

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

04-30-2010

Offense
Archmages Savvy - 0.60AP per level
Cripple - Buffs Exhaust
Sorcery - 3% CD reduction
Archaic Knowledge - 15% magic penetration

Utility
Perseverance - 4% total health and mana regain
Good Hands - 10% reduced death time
Awareness - Increases exp gain
Expanded Mind - 5% maximum mana
Meditation - Increases Mana regain
Intelligence - 6% CD reduction
Mystical Vision - INC duration of clair and lower CD
Presence Of The Master - 15% off summoner ability cooldowns

Summoner Abilities
Exhaust
Clairvoyance

Skills to increase

Starfall
Infuse
Astral Blessing
Starfall
Starfall
Wish *add a point every chance you get*
Starfall
Starfall
Infuse x4
Astral Blessing x4

If the other team is being aggressive you will want to take two levels of Infuse and Astral Blessing after learning starfall at level one.

Items
Mejai's Soulstealer
Tear of the Goddess
Boots of Mobility
Archangel's Staff
Zhonya's Ring
Rylai's Scepter

Frozen Heart - If you find youself needing some armor to stay alive a bit longer and could use the cooldown reduction get this instead of the scepter. But if you are lucky enough to max out soulstealer get scepter instead of this.

Runes
Mana per level
cooldown reduction

Blue
.9 cd/18
.65 cd/static
25.56x7= 178.92

Yellow
21.06/189.54/18

Red
21.06/189.54/18

Quintessence
2.34/18
2.34/18
75.06/18

Level 30 AP/Mana
Base/18 - 1,320
Tear - 400 + 1,000 (if you max) = 1,400
Runes - 633
Total - 3,353
Expanded Mind 5% - 168
Total - 3,521
AP from staff - 88
For those that care (I do) this means Veigar will do 1280dmg to you before counting in AP ratio.

*List of all my guides http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=18804

Disclaimer
This is not the only viable way to play Soraka and is only how I do it and I am not forcing others to play this way. If you do not agree with a certain part of my guide/playstyle please post it in a mature manner and write exactly what you dislike. Also I am not looking for others to post their playstyle/guide in my guide if you wish to do so please make your own thread.

Mesa H

04-30-2010

First item will be tome?

Pretty solid build, i do agree that this is the best way to control your lane early on.

But actually i find maxing blessing after 7 or 8 level would be much more beneficial to your team(maybe just my playstyle) because in teamfights you'll be focused and becomes quite dangerous while having to keep in range for starfall, so its use is not that significant.

Vangu

04-30-2010

I get starfall purely to own lanes and push them...along with getting all creep kills. In my games I tend to get to level 10 before any team fights take place. There will be a couple small ones time to time but nothing wish can't handle if they even have a chance to win. But as all guides this is strictly something to help you but all games are different so if the game changes and gets into team fights fast you will have to pass up starfall.

I used to play games only getting one point in starfall and it was horrible on me getting gold and xp..and with this build you need all the gold you can get.

*Yes tome is first item*

Akyio

04-30-2010

Starfall costs a lot of mana and you need to be in a short range to creep, what totally brings you in a big danger with level 1 astral blessing.
Well but it's your build, for me its kind of enough to get starfall level 1 at level 3 or sometimes even 5, i dont care much about gold as long as the person with who im laning gets it.

Vangu

04-30-2010

Good support champions need as much gold as much as carries. Let alone if you are again melee champions the range on astral is more then enough not to get hit and at rank five you take creeps out in two or three uses meaning they can only hit you a time or two before they have to move back. If you want to be a pure support from the start thats fine and helps great early to mid game but with the lack of xp and gold you will be level 14-16 while everyone is 18 and you wont have much for items...so late game you wont be near what you should be to really be a lot of help.

Bellicus

04-30-2010

If the other 2 guys ur facin are tanks, i dun think starcall will do much then

Doctor Awesome

04-30-2010

It's worth noting that because Astral Blessing has a rather high AP ratio, doing this build for massive AP will partially offset the low ranks in Astral Blessing. I've also seen it said before that Starfall is only good late game if you did good early game, so it makes sense to max it as early as possible--so you can use it to full effect in the part of the game where it's dominant.

Pyrolistical

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

A lot of players seem to do it this way and go for starfall for farming to help the team. But it seems silly and an indirect way to winning.

I just use Soraka and start doing support from level one and hope we can win the early game to win the mid game to win the end game.

Akyio

04-30-2010

Well I never had problem with being low level, im usually the same level as other people who were in lanes, but with gold there is a problem all the time, though not actually because of killing minions, but not getting kills or just some slight cash from assists..
I tried few times getting +1 gold from utility, +3 from runes and getting 2 kage lucky picks early game, then i kinda had no gold problem by going support actually.
starts with 24 gold each minute, and then 84 each minute.
though still killing minions is better xD

WasabiCannon

04-30-2010

Starfall is the worst skill for soraka.
I love when the enemy soraka builds no tank items. Makes them that much easier to kill.