[Item Suggestion] *.* (unique on lvl up effect)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlsGoDieThx

04-30-2010

There is currently one item in the game that grants an effect on champion level up: catalyst the protector. I propose an upgrade to this item that permanently adds stats to the champion on level up. It would go a little something like this.

Ruby Crystal + Sapphire Crystal > Catalyst the Protector
Catalyst the Protector + Amplifying Tome + Long Sword > Timeless Amulet

Timeless Amulet
+400 Health +325 Mana +20 Ability Power +15 Attack damage
UNIQUE Passive: Permanently gains +20 Health, +15 Mana, +3 attack damage, +5 ability power on champion level up.

The total cost of the item would be 3700 gold.. 1325 for the Catalyst, 850 for the sword and tome, and another 1525 gold for the final item. The high price tag would prevent players from getting this item before ~level 10, thus preventing the item from getting too many stacks, but rewarding a strong early game.

If they got the item at level 8 its end game stats would be:
+600 Health +475 Mana +70 Ability Power +45 Attack Damage...

At level 12:
+520 Health +415 Mana +50 Ability Power +33 Attack Damage..

And for the strong early game that gets it at level 5:
+660 Health +520 Mana +85 Ability Power +54 Attack Damage...
This gives +260 Health +195 Mana +65 Ability Power and +44 attack damage for 1550 gold. A GREAT deal, but the catch is you have to get it at level 5... And for the idiot that buys it at level 17....you get the picture.

Anyways, thats my 2CP. I think it would be cool to have another unique passive on that triggers on level up. It would be a strong item to rush for early game but rubbish to buy end game, so it would encourage getting kills early game over farming. Adjust numbers to balance, it may be a bit too strong as I have drafted it.

Killroth

05-02-2010

Sounds good, but it would make Jax OP x)

ShardOfDarkness

05-03-2010

I swear I've seen this suggestion 3+ times under different titles. Having thought about it every time, I've come to the conclusion that a permanent level up bonus is OP (unless capped). The thing about Catalyst is it's a nice early/midgame item because it lets you stay in lane longer and farm and it evolves into some nice items (ok, the Pink Heart thing is almost certainly ****, and RoA is only good if the game continues for 10+ min after you finish it). So I guess what I'm saying is, yes, I'd like to see more 'on level up' effects, but I don't think there should be any that are permanent due to balancing issues.

PlsGoDieThx

05-03-2010

What about a strong defensive item? Swap out AD for MR and AP for armor...

The God Ghetto Holy

05-03-2010

The problem is you can level up and then sell it, unless you meant that the stats stay on the item.

PlsGoDieThx

05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The God Ghetto Holy View Post
The problem is you can level up and then sell it, unless you meant that the stats stay on the item.
I was thinking the stats stay on the item... Like a soul stealer. Sell the soul stealer, lose your stacks.

WhitemageofDOOM

05-04-2010

Rod of ages is the same basic concept but inherently better designed.