Gangplank Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffie

09-09-2009

I've never had to quote myself to prove a point. Guess that's failing to read twice. I'm not really trying to flame, just bugs me when someone doesn't read the topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie View Post
Boost Moral
Change it to just an activatable (no shooting a creep)
-Toss in an animation that will shoot the nearest creep thats low on hp and have the Pirate laugh insanely if there are friendly creeps nearby.

Reasoning:
A lot of team battles, the only place worth having this, happen away from friendly creeps. Even in a team battle nearby friendly creeps, it can be really difficult and time consuming to have to click the ability and find a creep with 5 enemy Champions running around. This severly limits this ability. Changing it wouldn't make the ability any more powerful, just give it the use that it was intended to have.
Also, it is in no way a skill shot still. Anything that isn't a guaranteed hit on targeting is a skill shot. You should know that = / I was just saying that it is an unneeded hassle.

Now, we should try to keep this thread on track...

Dulhyra

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie View Post
Thought some of it over and decided to toss up some proposed changes.

Parrrley
If you shoot an enemy champion in the back, the spell will slow him by X% (probably something low)

Remove Scurvy

Either of the following.
1) Reduce Cooldown
2) Grant immunity to movement impairing effects for a very short duration. (mini-highlander)

Boost Moral
Change it to just an activatable (no shooting a creep)
-Toss in an animation that will shoot the nearest creep thats low on hp and have the Pirate laugh insanely if there are friendly creeps nearby.

Cannon Barrage
Remove Randomness
-A change is apparently in the works, so no real need to discuss it.

Your suggestion on Parrley would probably result in longer CD or lower damage to give it more utility. And possibly ditching the bonus money. All of which is fine for the ability to escape/chase. Some people might think getting Phage/Frozen would fix this.

Remove Scurvy, Lower CD for a lower Heal would be a very viable fix. Think most people use it for chasing/escaping anyways. When laning early to mid game, its alright to stave off harassment.

Boost Morale, changing it to just activate whenever and if there are friendly creeps around it kills one, to me, just seems odd. It'd be nice to have it ready whenever but would need to rethink its current incarnation.

You didn't mention his passive in your post which to me is one of his most lackluster abilities, but that's just me. While typing this I just had an idea. Why not have Parrrley slow if the target is affected by Grog Soaked Blade. Just an idea. Feel free to flame and shoot me down.

Cannon Barrage, honestly I just don't feel like the designers had intentions of this being a "kill 'em dead" kinda ulti so much as a form of determent. Wipe out creep waves, prevent pushes, provide backup for teammates. I would like to see this be more threatening overall.

freykin

09-10-2009

the best use of Cannon Barrage i've seen so far is when I was Amumu with a Gangplank. I bandage tossed in, ulted, he followed suit, and 3 seconds of enemies standing still in it. At that point usually at least one of them hits each of them, if not more.

khemintiri

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
no, its not. its not skill at all. anything that you point and click on unit and it works is not a skill shot.

bandage toss and rocket grab are skill shots. sivir's glaive is a skill shot. hell due to the delayed nature of lay waste, it too is a skill shot. storm bolt on sion and taric are NOT skill shots. flash frost is a skillshot, but anivia's 3rd skill is not. dark binding is a skill shot, rune prison is not.

if it takes a player 1 sec to point and click on a creep, its prolly taking them just as long to point and click on heros with parrley and other above listed non skillshots. that comes down to a player's physical ability to manipulate a simple computer mechanic, not skill at the game.

if you still insist on arguing against me on this, then you prove that you are an ignorant fool who should be completely ignored. if this post finally sinks into your head, then congrats, you've stepped up. its your choice, and therefor you deserve the outcome, so be ready for it.
seriously a bit on the slow side , maybe some kind of syndrome and cant see things from more then one point of view ? 14 years old ? retarded ? , "skill shot" is a term and also 2 words , autohitting a creep vs targeting one , wow i wonder what is harder , seriously man think for 2 secs before you post .

http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data...roll_spray.jpg

Duffie

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulhyra View Post
You didn't mention his passive in your post which to me is one of his most lackluster abilities, but that's just me. While typing this I just had an idea. Why not have Parrrley slow if the target is affected by Grog Soaked Blade. Just an idea. Feel free to flame and shoot me down.
I mentioned it in my Original Post. I do believe that it is kinda lack luster. The damage is very pitiful and your not always laning against someone who heals. Or even someone who isn't smart enough to wait for the broken heart over his head to go away before healing. I'd be happy with this just a small increase in damage or duration. Also, Parrrley should apply the poison, like it says in its tooltip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khemintiri;
seriously a bit on the slow side , maybe some kind of syndrome and cant see things from more then one point of view ? 14 years old ? retarded ? , "skill shot" is a term and also 2 words , autohitting a creep vs targeting one , wow i wonder what is harder , seriously man think for 2 secs before you post .
Skillshot is a common term used for countless years now in Dota and thus (since it is prevailent in both games) in LoL. It's a non targetable spell that requires a bit of aiming. It is a very common term used in LoL and in Dota. By your definition nearly everything is a skill shot, which is incredibly wrong. Skillshots are a small percentage of spells usually, that way they maintain their flavor.

I understand what your trying to say and acknowledge it, please take the higher road and don't argue the definition of skillshot anymore in this thread. Further feedback is perfectly welcome though.

Dulhyra

09-10-2009

I agree with Parrrley applying Grog Soaked. Increasing the damage would put it close to Twitch's passive. Only difference is that Twitch's can reach the damage of Gangplank's by level 1 if someone is stupid enough to stand there and get pummeled.

So far in this thread I think the main topics are Gangplank's Ulti needing to be more threatening. Remove Scurvy being more effective in CC breaking when your average team runs with three or more disables. Removing the minion requirement for Morale Boost. And looking to modify Parrrley to give Gangplank a slow.