Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Conservative or Aggressive play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Savage

09-08-2009

Quote:
Havuk:
thing about this is, if i knock a champ to like 1 hp and i tower dive for him, ive died before because i was unable to reach him or he has heals etc.

aggressiveness is key to a game, but i think it should be limited to when you know you the game is in your favor. if it is early game, being passive isnt such a bad thing.

I think that if you can't tell the difference between tight aggressive play and sloppy, reckless play then you shouldn't be questioning my statement.

But yes, if you're bad, you're better off playing passively and not dying than playing recklessly and feeding the other team. Getting kills doesn't win games as much as dying loses games.

Kirmaster

09-08-2009

the defensive play is why my CM has it so darn easy. just landing wild cards and pick a card hits on them, they run, another card in the back, easy push.

LaiN

09-08-2009

well the only thing to say here is AGGRESIVE!!!! not stupid but AGGRESIVE!!! the worst thing i know is to have a passive team.. affraid off engaging... if thats the case i usually just farm forrest till i can either own the entire team myself or till thye finished the game...

the worst thing in the game is a noobish team.. and for some reason they happends to join me.. -.-
but i guess we all know that feeling..

Zelis

Recruiter

09-08-2009

honestly when it comes down to it, the passive/aggressive argument is in itself flawed. neither is better or worse. where we all need to focus more is the concept of setting a pace and maintaing that said pace. when it comes down to it everyones gonna have slightly different play styles that they like and that works for them.

Dakisarak

09-08-2009

Depends on my hero and whether or not I'm on a team with people I'm used to playing with. Generally speaking, if I'm in a PuG with a melee dps hero early game, conservative. As it gets towards having players I know and I have more survivability or don't need to get as far into a fight to do something, I'll play more aggressive.

Also, sometimes playing very conservatively and then being extremely aggressive if I see an opportunity can sometimes net a kill, so I occasionally do this depending on who I'm laned against.