Unplayable again!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

precambria

04-29-2010

wee isn't this fun yet again the recent patch has made the game go from running perfectly fine to having constant crippling latency spikes to exactly 999. The problem is not on my bloody end unless somehow the patch is causing problems with my regions ISP. My connection is fine my computer is fine, these spikes come and go with your patches it seems like every other patch breaks the game than the next one fixes it. I'm not expecting you to resolve this, also I have tried every thing in your suggestions to no avail basically I can only play this game every other patch... kind of annoying but like I said you can't fix it till you recognize that the problem is with your patches and nothing to do with me.

I await your next patch, even a small one to change one little ability can make or break the game's playability (and no reinstalling makes no difference whatsoever).

precambria

04-29-2010

Thank you riot for making such a fun game I love it, I even spend money on it despite it only working for me half the time. You guys are doing a good job and have so many problems to worry about I don't expect this one to be fixed (as it has been happening since the end of closed beta). I do highly suspect a regional factor in this issue, I live in the greater Toronto area (well downtown) and use rogers extreme high speed cable internet.
Of reading all the reports of similar occurrences it seems to happen in in pockets to groups of friends living in the same area............always the same thing, game is fine than some small or major patch occurs and the game goes squirly than in a future patch it works perfectly fine. It can even be the adding of a single skin to the game, and its not caused by the patching process because reinstalling has no effect its within the patch itself some tiny code than causes problems. I'm guessing with specific regions or ISP's.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

04-29-2010

A theory on the situation, while odds aren't high, it could have to do with permission and filters on your ISP or maybe even your router? In the past I have seen applications which are allowed to pass data due to an exception in security software get removed from that exceptions list due to a change in the program, patch for example.

What is even more interesting in this situation is you can look at your exceptions list and still see the application, and it requires the removing of and reinserting of the application to function. But again, this is a theory in your specific situation. I would be interested in seeing your Netalyzr report to see if I can see any oddities with the connection.

If you run this, http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/, and post the results url I would appreciate it. If you are uncomfortable with posting the URL on here please e-mail it to postaltwinkie@gmail.com.

Pogosh

04-29-2010

I have also been getting on and off crippling lag spikes. Although I live in Ohio and I know it is not on my end. My firewall is off, my antivirus is off, no other programs are running in the background, my drivers are freshly updated, its a new computer and I even reinstalled LOL as well as tried every in game setting change to reduce. Its not constant, it spikes and I have like 6 FPS for about 5-10 min in game and realistically can't do anything but kill creeps. After it speeds certain things up a little like its trying to catch up and returns to normal for like a min. I know its not my router or ISP because my wife and my brother in law who all live here do not experience the same thing. So as far as I can tell, this problem is not on my end. But there is no explanation that I can think of. I also have windows 7 which comes with DirectX 11. So directx should not be my problem as well. What can I do. I have also sent logs to Riot thought the lobby send log command. Thanks for any help, I love your game, and would love to be able to own face again.Toryllian

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

04-29-2010

Having FPS spikes is different than what the OP is saying with actual Latency. Tory, post a DXdiag for me so I can take a look at your system.

http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...o+a+Forum+Post

Pogosh

04-30-2010

Here is the dxdiag, I hope this helps you so much I am sick of not really being able to play. Thanks for you help!

Toryllian

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryllian View Post
Here is the dxdiag, I hope this helps you so much I am sick of not really being able to play. Thanks for you help!

Toryllian

Try rolling back your video drivers to the previous or updating to the ones just released. I believe the version you had caused heat problems and performance problems. I would also see if HP has an updated Bios for your system. Additionally while in game toggle the visual quality of the game to something different, and even set it from benchmark to a cap of say 30 or 50.

Pogosh

04-30-2010

Ok, I had updated my video drivers yesterday, and the problem has persisted since around saturday. I can't see how the video drivers are affecting it since I tried updating them and there is no other thing to roll it back to but what came installed on the computer when i bought it.

I tried to change the frames from benchmark to high, as well as stable and 80. I will try everything else, but I don't think that it will help because I tried other settings for that as well already.

I will check the bios update for sure that might help. From every suggestion that I have been given that is the only one that is new so far. I have tried so many different things. Thanks again for the help.

Toryllian

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

04-30-2010

Well, you are hitting a bottleneck at two points on your system that can cause performance issue, but if it was working prior it is kind of odd to see it start out of nowhere. Temperature is ALWAYS something to consider while gaming.

Download and run GPU-Z, under the sensor tab select logging at the bottom. Report back the temperatures when you get these drops in fps, just alt tab out.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Pogosh

04-30-2010

After a search of HP's website as far as I can tell there are no updates for my bios. So that is out. I still need to try the other settings in game but again I still don't thing that will work because I have already tried different settings just not 50.