Death for Towers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teslacrashed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2009

So I play a LOT of Sivir. To the point where my Mastery build is focused for her, and I have special rune page just for her. I've been playing her quite a bit. I think for the past 20 games straight now.

Now in most games, if I have a lane partner, I can almost guarantee I'll be the first on either side to take down a tower, especially the moment I hit level 6, wait for a big wave of my own minions, and pop Sivir's Ultimate.

One thing I've learned is sacrificing my life for towers has always been worth it.

One game I suicided as many as five towers.

I find myself loosing games I don't suicide towers, and "play it safe."

As a bonus if I die to the tower's blast, I'm not feeding.

Even assuming I just suicide an Outer Tower, by the time I res, at BEST they might have pushed their way to our Outer Tower, but often not likely, especially if I have a lane partner.

just a bizarre thing I'm noticing.

I mean, it makes sense in a long term strategic sense, "If your quarry goes to ground, leave no ground to go to"

sure I may have a not so great K/D ratio, but I've eliminated hiding spots for my enemies, and once you start destroying Outer Towers, it greatly enhances your ability to do some devastating lane switching through their own jungle.

also, whenever I suicide for a tower kill, I like to chat all "My life for Aiur!" XD

Thoughts on this? Anyone else having similar experience? Want to argue I'm a moron? (maybe I just keep getting queue'd up against morons, it's very possible).

semse

09-08-2009

sounds logic....it seems to me that the team that kills the towers first is most of the time the team winning in the end

Teslacrashed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2009

by the way, part of the point of this thread is to get some discussion, I'd like to write a guide on the phenomenon of 1) Why taking towers is important, 2) the best way to do it.

Anyone want to add in ideas? their own experiences?

Also, I'm not 100% certain about it, but if I die to a tower, does the enemy team gain anything other than the advantage that I'm having to wait for res timer? Would like to make certain of this claim.

Claous

09-08-2009

No your right Teslacrashed. IMO this game is more tower dependent. If your towers get pushed and your inhibitor is left open your in for a rude awakening. In DoTA you could survive having your racks pushed in on even 2 lanes and manage to turn it around easily. But if your inhibitors go down early those siege units really have to much hp and dmg if your not farmed or lvled.

Also the advantages they would get is if they were near the tower that you suicide on then they would get exp for being near your death. There's no money for them though unless they were in some way involved in some damage delt to you. In that case I think they are credited the kill.

Lollerman

09-08-2009

It's Sivir, she does that.

Edit: the fact that towers hit creeps hard, but don't target champions unless they attack allied champs, don't regenerate HP, give global gold and EXP all give incentive to push/attack tower where/when ever possible. It's a pretty standard thing in this game.

Teslacrashed

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claous View Post
No your right Teslacrashed. IMO this game is more tower dependent. If your towers get pushed and your inhibitor is left open your in for a rude awakening. In DoTA you could survive having your racks pushed in on even 2 lanes and manage to turn it around easily. But if your inhibitors go down early those siege units really have to much hp and dmg if your not farmed or lvled.

Also the advantages they would get is if they were near the tower that you suicide on then they would get exp for being near your death. There's no money for them though unless they were in some way involved in some damage delt to you. In that case I think they are credited the kill.
Ah, of course, thanks for pointing that out, that would obviously be the case (them getting EXP for your death as long as they are close). I'll make sure to point it out in my guide.

As far as making a come back against early inhibitors downings, I've done it plenty of times, then again I play Sivir, who's a pro at slaughtering minion waves.

It's a problem easily overcome with some level of coordination.

I find the best way to fend off Super Minions waves early game is to have 1 person (hopefully a DPS class with lifesteel) fend them off, and never straying far from base, so if things get nasty at another inhibitor/tower, they can leave and come back easily.

Other considerations have less hard and fast rules, as it would depend on other stats of Towers left and wether or not your outleveled/farmed.

Knight Kinetik

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslacrashed View Post
also, whenever I suicide for a tower kill, I like to chat all "My life for Aiur!" XD
I've seen the quote in game before...

I think most players agree that taking towers down is effective in having a match go your way.

Your minions get further into enemy territory, letting them chip away at other towers/inhibitors/nexus, which creates pressure on the other team as they have to deal with the minions attacking their base as well as any champ combo's rolling around.

Teslacrashed

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
It's Sivir, she does that.

Edit: the fact that towers hit creeps hard, but don't target champions unless they attack allied champs, don't regenerate HP, give global gold and EXP all give incentive to push/attack tower where/when ever possible. It's a pretty standard thing in this game.
Oh, sorry, not saying it isn't standard.

I do want to make a guide, because I feel newer players and mid-level players would gain something from learning about the dynamics towers play in LoL, and being informed on a good decision making process for tower destruction.

Of course, it's amazing to me how many players I meet who don't know that towers don't attack champions unless you hit an enemy champion, much less the same goes for minions! I mean, I don't blame a lot of them, LoL doesn't have a proper tutorial yet, and it's a game with a steep learning curve.

Teslacrashed

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Kinetik View Post
I think most players agree that taking towers down is effective in having a match go your way.
yeah, but it astounds me when a tower will be at 10% or less, and I'll watch so many people flee to the four corners because they are afraid of taking some tower damage, when if they would have stood their ground and kept damaging it, they would have taken it down.

I'd argue it's worth giving the enemy a feeding (from your weakened post-facetanking a tower state) to take a tower down.