AD Nidalee Guide: Taking on the Mantle of Flankd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cRUMMYdUMMY

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
Nidalee does have some trouble in team fights, but like it says in the guide, the key is to no commit. Charging in to a fight in Cougar form will get you focused and killed. She may not auto-attack like Jax or Trynd, but stay on the edges and auto attack and throw Javelins. When someone gets low and some CDs have been blown go in and clean up with Cougar, then get out again.
I know to stay in human form for most of the team fight, but I can't seem to make any sizeable contribution team fights other than to spam heals and lay traps on the tanks. If that's the case, then Nidalee plays like a bad version of Kayle at the moment. Even at mid-high ELO, her health is so low that cougar form is solely for chasing the last two members trying to escape from a team fight. Even then it's still risky if the enemies you're chasing have stuns or nukes. I guess I'm trying to find a place for Nidalee in higher ELO games where team fights happen more often than laning once the mid lane hits level 6. It seems like she does not have the tools to hang out with the big dogs.

The Promise

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRUMMYdUMMY View Post
I know to stay in human form for most of the team fight, but I can't seem to make any sizeable contribution team fights other than to spam heals and lay traps on the tanks. If that's the case, then Nidalee plays like a bad version of Kayle at the moment. Even at mid-high ELO, her health is so low that cougar form is solely for chasing the last two members trying to escape from a team fight. Even then it's still risky if the enemies you're chasing have stuns or nukes. I guess I'm trying to find a place for Nidalee in higher ELO games where team fights happen more often than laning once the mid lane hits level 6. It seems like she does not have the tools to hang out with the big dogs.
Your auto-attacks hit hard enough to be worth while, your heal is great for both you, or other physical carries, and the trap is great as well. It sounds to me like you want to be Jax or Tryn, and that is not what Nidalee does. In terms of straight auto-attack DPS Nidalee will never be able to compare with Champs like that, but she has utility that they don't. Completely avoiding Cougar in team fights is foolish. Cougar is about be patient and know when you can jump in and wreck the other team.

Nidalee requires a lot of finesse; more than most champions. Nidalee can do well enough in team fights to make her a powerful champion, just don't expect to be Jax, and learn what you can expect from her.

cRUMMYdUMMY

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
Your auto-attacks hit hard enough to be worth while, your heal is great for both you, or other physical carries, and the trap is great as well. It sounds to me like you want to be Jax or Tryn, and that is not what Nidalee does. In terms of straight auto-attack DPS Nidalee will never be able to compare with Champs like that, but she has utility that they don't. Completely avoiding Cougar in team fights is foolish. Cougar is about be patient and know when you can jump in and wreck the other team.

Nidalee requires a lot of finesse; more than most champions. Nidalee can do well enough in team fights to make her a powerful champion, just don't expect to be Jax, and learn what you can expect from her.
I don't expect to be Jax or Tryn. I almost completely avoid Cougar in team fights. Jumping into the fray is a literal death wish. You won't even survive for three seconds against a good team.

I was asking if anyone has discovered any item builds that greatly add to her contribution in a team fight. Something like Bloodrazor in addition to her traps would theoretically allow her to shred tanks. Frozen Mallet would definitely give her the utility she so desperately needs. Have you tried these items or discovered any other items that would bear good results?

The Promise

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRUMMYdUMMY View Post
I don't expect to be Jax or Tryn. I almost completely avoid Cougar in team fights. Jumping into the fray is a literal death wish. You won't even survive for three seconds against a good team.

I was asking if anyone has discovered any item builds that greatly add to her contribution in a team fight. Something like Bloodrazor in addition to her traps would theoretically allow her to shred tanks. Frozen Mallet would definitely give her the utility she so desperately needs. Have you tried these items or discovered any other items that would bear good results?
I suggest Bloodrazor in the build after you get Trinity. Frozen Mallet is a waste since you have Phage built into your Trinity.

But again, if you are getting shredded in Cougar then you are going in too soon. If you are not getting focused, and are sitting on the edges using Javelin and auto-attacking, no one is going to save their CDs to blow you up *if* you jump in. You have to wait to use Cougar. Yes you are squishy, but Annie doesn't do any damage with auto-attacks, neither does their tank.

I hate to do this, but I am going to chalk it up to learning how to play Nidalee. Cougar is potent, but it needs to be used wisely. If Tibbers is not down, Shen has yet to taunt, and Jax hasn't hit Leap Strike and Empower, then do not go in. You will get focused and die. Cougar will melt the other team after CCs have been used. If you need to practice this, play some Katarina. She literally has no option but to sit and wait until she can ult.

Practice, practice, practice.

Laureal

06-22-2010

If you want to see a top player using nidalee go here to see HotshotGG use her.

http://www.livestream.com/clgame/fol...b-ee65526551b4 Video #5 is pretty awesome.

CapnHulk

06-25-2010

I just wanted to say that this guide and the tips throughout the thread have been very helpful. I've only had Nidalee a few days but she is a very fun champion to use.

Gadarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2010

What's your opinion of Nidalee's affectiveness in 3v3? I play her as a hybrid carry basically to the T with this guide. I have about a 60% win ratio and am just looking for tips to do better.

The Promise

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarn View Post
What's your opinion of Nidalee's affectiveness in 3v3? I play her as a hybrid carry basically to the T with this guide. I have about a 60% win ratio and am just looking for tips to do better.
To be wholly honest, I have very little experience in TT. I played some when it first came out, but the metagame was not very appealing to me compared to SR. I can take a guess and say that this guide might not shine to well on TT. Nidalee tends to be a bit squishy, and that does not go well on TT.

As for what would go well, there are people who know much more about Nidalee's TT metagame than I, so I won't potentially lead you down the wrong path. Best of luck!

Gadarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

Her ability to dive in and our of brush at greater speed and control the jungle via traps makes her very potent, in particular when paired with 2 tanks or high health/dps. If anyone has more experience in 3v3 w/ Nid please share your thoughts.

I find Ez to be the hardest for me to lane against he counters Nidalee very well with his speed and his ability to escape. I find myself doing a cleanse/ignite or cleanse/exhaust combo usually the exhaust is very useful with all the close quarters fighting.

The Promise

06-29-2010

Updated the guide. Finally added the "How To" against common solos section, moved the build order around a little bit, and added a note about Lizard.