AD Nidalee Guide: Taking on the Mantle of Flankd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger DoDo View Post
For your AP Nidalee Build try Relayis Scepter. It's a great gift because every skill will slow the enemy. At the moment i try some builds and i play with 9/0/21 masteries, crit % marks & quints (for takedown crit dmg), dodge seals and mag res/per lvl.

I know it's not the best option and my kill-death-ratio is cruelly but I like to try out various possibilities ^^
Rylai's is a waste on Nidalee if you ask me. She is one of the best chasers in the game, so she doesn't really need the slow, and if you are building AP you should not be in Cougar unless you are doing clean up after a team fight or chasing, so the AE slow doesn't offer much in team fights. If you need survivability, I would say go Banshee's, or take Rylai's as a late game luxury item.

Magic Resist/lvl Blues are fine if you are have trouble getting blown up by magic, but in general CDR is better. Crit is not very good on Nidalee. I am going to recommend you pass on those runes. ArP gives you much more damage than Crit (the math has been done) and since Nidalee has no particular synergy with Crit, there is no reason to take it over ArP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
With the recent changes, do you prefer going AD or AP barring any specific team needs?
The AD/AP hybrid build is still the way to go if you ask me if you want to do damage. How you build Nidalee depends on what you want to do. With the buff to her Javelin and Heal AP ratio's and AP build is ever more of a support build. She really has become the best Carry Supporter in the game.

If you want to do damage the AP/AD hybrid is the way to go. AP is a support build. Plain and simple. I prefer to play the damage model, but I mess around with AP from time to time when I want to be more of a support.

I did the math, and in late game, with all your AP, your Primal Surge is only healing for about 15 less than it was before the base heal nerf (with the Hybrid build), so the nerf really only hurt the early game. What it did was make AP Nidalee better. Because of this, I still prefer the hybrid build, but I have been messing around with a support-specific build since the change as well.

Right now I am toying with this for a Support Nidalee:
Amplifying Time + Mana Pot
Fiendish Codex + R1 Boots
Tears of the Goddess
Sheen + Sorc's
Archangel's
Lich Bane
Nashor's Tooth
Banshee's/Rylai's/Zhonya's

Pretty good AP levels. Capped CRD. And infinite mana pool. I am not going to put it in the guide yet, but there it is. (In fact, I am considering taking out the AP section and just making a full AP guide.)

cRUMMYdUMMY

06-15-2010

I don't understand the appeal of Brutalizer or Sheen first. I tried both with lackluster results. The 1.3k for either is more than half the cost of Guinsoo's to begin with. You only need 900 more gold to finish the item. I find rushing Guinsoo's as your first major purchase to be the most effective. Can anyone explain why going Brutalizer or Sheen first is better than simply rushing Guinsoo's?

shawster

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRUMMYdUMMY View Post
I don't understand the appeal of Brutalizer or Sheen first. I tried both with lackluster results. The 1.3k for either is more than half the cost of Guinsoo's to begin with. You only need 900 more gold to finish the item. I find rushing Guinsoo's as your first major purchase to be the most effective. Can anyone explain why going Brutalizer or Sheen first is better than simply rushing Guinsoo's?
it's all preference

i prefer guinsoos, but people like having armor pen, some dmg and having your takedown do more damage. personally i don't find sheen that useful since your take down would kill them regardless.

brutalizer + sheen = bigger cat form executes and hits harder generally

guinsoos = more ap for spears/heals, attack speed and same amnt of dmg in human.

The Promise

06-15-2010

Sheen and Brutalizer will, in my experience, will get you more early game kills. It is a matter of preference, but those are my two cents.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2010

Although I'm not a Nidalee player, I've seen builds very similar to this while playing. They were very effective, I'm also a big fan of Guinsoo's Rageblade on her, fits perfectly.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2010

Against a Heimerdinger built for mana regen and with Clarity in mid lane, are you screwed and/or going to lose the tower without help? It seemed like the best time to get rid of him would be lvls 1-7 if he overextends, but he just pulled away in staying power after that, and I was forced to retreat.

I also don't see a neat little farming trick mentioned. The three caster minions can be easily farmed if you hit each of them once, then cougar combo. Situational, but it's great if you can do it in solo mid without suffering some harassment.

I apologize if this stuff was talked about already in the thread.

The Promise

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitii View Post
Against a Heimerdinger built for mana regen and with Clarity in mid lane, are you screwed and/or going to lose the tower without help? It seemed like the best time to get rid of him would be lvls 1-7 if he overextends, but he just pulled away in staying power after that, and I was forced to retreat.

I also don't see a neat little farming trick mentioned. The three caster minions can be easily farmed if you hit each of them once, then cougar combo. Situational, but it's great if you can do it in solo mid without suffering some harassment.

I apologize if this stuff was talked about already in the thread.
The way to take care of Heimer is to kill him, and kill him fast. He is very squishy if he builds Mana Regen, and unless he has Heal, he will be fairly open to harassment. If you can dodge the Nade (which you should be able to) his only way to harass you is with Rockets or with his towers (which he can't control the targeting of) and rockets open him up for damage.

Keep pressure on him. A lot of it. Just heal yourself through the turret damage (they don't hit terribly hard early game, especially since he can only have 2 max before he gets to level 9. Once he is within kill range, go right in with a wave of creeps, run right past the turrets, and blow him up. He will pop his ult, and you will take a pounding, but if you have practice with Nidalee, and know how much damage you can do with the items you have, you should be able to score a kill. Just make sure you have high HP when you go for him. Between Flash and Cleanse you should not die.

Most Heimer's feel very safe behind their turrets, but Nidalee has the burst to kill him despite them. Heimer is one of the more tough solos for Nidalee, but he is by no means unmanageable.

Kajitii

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
la la la
I guess I'll try it =/ This Heimerdinger actually stayed with his turrets whenever I tried to engage him though, and he hurts like ass >.<

cRUMMYdUMMY

06-16-2010

I find Nidalee's team fight capabilities to be very very lacking. Is there an item build she can take to make up for this? Possibly Madred's BloodRazor or Frozen Mallet? Has anyone tried any of these items and had good success in a team fight?

The Promise

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitii View Post
I guess I'll try it =/ This Heimerdinger actually stayed with his turrets whenever I tried to engage him though, and he hurts like ass >.<
He will hurt, but if you pressure him, and just run right through his turrests they won't hit you until you hit him. By then you will be on top of him. Quite literally, he needs to be low enough to die in one Cougar combo + maybe a Javelin, or else you will die. It takes practice, and a knowledge of your damage potential, but it is very doable. Just make sure you save Flash to get the hell out of range of his turrets if you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRUMMYdUMMY View Post
I find Nidalee's team fight capabilities to be very very lacking. Is there an item build she can take to make up for this? Possibly Madred's BloodRazor or Frozen Mallet? Has anyone tried any of these items and had good success in a team fight?
Nidalee does have some trouble in team fights, but like it says in the guide, the key is to no commit. Charging in to a fight in Cougar form will get you focused and killed. She may not auto-attack like Jax or Trynd, but stay on the edges and auto attack and throw Javelins. When someone gets low and some CDs have been blown go in and clean up with Cougar, then get out again.