AD Nidalee Guide: Taking on the Mantle of Flankd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
Thanks a lot for taking on FlankD's Nidalee guide. You should add a post linking to it on FlankD's topic just in case people still using it as a reference (like I was) don't know about this one. Also, have you watched any of HotShotGG's Nidalee videos on CLGaming? The consensus seems to be that he's the #1 Nidalee player and his build order is something like:

Doran's Ring + Heal Potion

Mercury Treads

Brutalizer into Ghostblade

Guinsoo's Rageblade

Another Brutalizer

I don't know his reasoning behind this but maybe it bears thinking about?

It's very similar. I will try it out myself. If I think it is worth mentioning outside of discussion I will add it as an option for the build. Though I will probably add a Sheen before the second Brutalizer, or something to that effect. I am a very firm believer in Sheen on Nidalee, though HotSHot's playstyle may be very different from mine. It has been a while since I watched any of his videos.

ck64

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

thank you

Cease

06-02-2010

Promise, any interest with the new items introduced this patch? Namely,

New Item: Bilgewater Cutlass

• +25 Attack Damage
  • +12% Life Steal
  • UNIQUE Active: Deals 150 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (300 range). 60 second cooldown.
New Item: Hextech Gunblade
  • +45 Attack Damage
  • +55 Ability Power
  • +15% Life Steal
  • +12% Spell Vamp
  • UNIQUE Active: Deals 300 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (700 range). 60 second cooldown.
Spell vamp doesn't seem that great for Nid, but the hybrid AP/AD nature of the item was initially attractive. Curious of your thoughts.

I have been using your guide/build and have been really enjoying Nidalee as a result, thank you!

Slywolf10

06-02-2010

Ive seen you dominate as nidalee, I think you know your stuff.

The Promise

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cease View Post
Promise, any interest with the new items introduced this patch? Namely,

New Item: Bilgewater Cutlass
  • +25 Attack Damage
  • +12% Life Steal
  • UNIQUE Active: Deals 150 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (300 range). 60 second cooldown.
New Item: Hextech Gunblade
  • +45 Attack Damage
  • +55 Ability Power
  • +15% Life Steal
  • +12% Spell Vamp
  • UNIQUE Active: Deals 300 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (700 range). 60 second cooldown.
Spell vamp doesn't seem that great for Nid, but the hybrid AP/AD nature of the item was initially attractive. Curious of your thoughts.

I have been using your guide/build and have been really enjoying Nidalee as a result, thank you!
The new Gunblade is indeed a hybrid item, so one would think that it is good for this guide. However, there are some problems with it when it comes to Nidalee.

1. It's just **** expensive. The Gunblade is a quite expensive item, and the parts by themselves don't really cut it for Nidalee by themselves. Once you get to the Gunblade you have spent a lot of gold, a lot of gold that can be spent better elsewhere.

2. This is a hybrid build, but you do not need to focus on AP beyond what is already there. Between Tri-Force and Ginsoo's you have plenty of AP, and the only reason you get some AP in this build is because not getting any would be a waste of some of her abilities.

Basically, it's really expensive, the Lifesteal and Spell Vamp stats are very lackluster on Nidalee, and the active is not that good for someone who chases as well as Nidalee. At best it is a luxury item for the very end of the game. Including it, or the Cutlass/Revolver in the core for this build simply isn't worth it considering either of those, though decent, are simply aren't as good as the items in the core of this build.

If it was less expansive it might be worth it, but once you get your core: Ghostblade, Trinity, and Ginsoo's you get to pick a luxury item, but Bloodrazor, Bloodthirster, or Infinity Edge are simply better options on Nidalee.

I won't forbid anyone from using it, but I certainly won't recommend it unless you are fed out the ass, or the game runs so long you can get high end items in every item slot.

Blam417

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

The nashor's tooth isn't necessary in the AP buiild you can get 24% CDR if you have per 18 quints and glyphs plus all the CDR masteries. You should replace it with something else

The Promise

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blam417 View Post
The nashor's tooth isn't necessary in the AP buiild you can get 24% CDR if you have per 18 quints and glyphs plus all the CDR masteries. You should replace it with something else
I added it because CDR/lvl glyphs are not terribly good, and in my experience there are much better things to put in each of those rune slots. If you want to stack CDR/lvl in your rune page, you can get rid of Nashor's Tooth, but I wouldn't recommend it.

In short, Flat CDR Glyphs, CDR Masteries in Offense and Utility, and Nashor's gives you 39.65% CDR if my math off the top of my head is right. As AP, maxed CDR is what you want, and this build gives it to you without having to have 100% Golem uptime.

The Promise

06-08-2010

Updated with some info and numbers about the recent Primal Surge rebalance.

Liquidus

06-15-2010

With the recent changes, do you prefer going AD or AP barring any specific team needs?

Danger DoDo

06-15-2010

For your AP Nidalee Build try Relayis Scepter. It's a great gift because every skill will slow the enemy. At the moment i try some builds and i play with 9/0/21 masteries, crit % marks & quints (for takedown crit dmg), dodge seals and mag res/per lvl.

I know it's not the best option and my kill-death-ratio is cruelly but I like to try out various possibilities ^^