AD Nidalee Guide: Taking on the Mantle of Flankd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vize

05-24-2010

In response to luring them in:

I played a SR game last night where Shaco and I (Nidalee) were facing against Aistar + Jax combo. I had just turned level 6 and picked up cougar. Instead of immediately switching to cougar and farming for awhile I just bided my time last hitting mobs with my AA spear. Alistar and Jax got cocky and overextended in position and health. I immediately changed to cougar and pounced on a half life Jax + Takedown followed by a swipe. He was dead in a few seconds and barely had time to turn and run. I exhausted a 60% health Alistar and with Shaco's help took him down shortly afterwards.

This was all after a fairly conservative early game by me where I didn't make my presence that felt. They got too comfortable and lazy and as soon as I saw the opportunity to go in and did - it resulted in a quick double kill. People really underestimate what Cougar can do. Especially when the target is low life.

ColdBlooded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikalus View Post
Having recently played a few more mid lanes against TF I have found playing aggressively against him much better! I guess experience at the game has helped, but Promise - thanks so much for the guides and I'm looking forward to the specific laning guides you are going to write
When mid vs TF, get in his face when pick a card or his proc aren't up. he'll run like a b!tch, guaranteed. sneak a heal in there before u attack for good measure.

Charmicarmicarmicat

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegnasher View Post
Wrong.

1. Sheen increases Takedown's damage by 80% (almost double, for those who are bad at math).
2. During Takedown + Sheen proc, Brutalizer's damage will be effectively be 45 (25 base, + .8 * 25 from Sheen), 10 more than Guinsoo's
1. No, it just adds 80% base damage, it does not increase your full damage by 80%.
2. No, this is incorrect, but it is correct that the armor pen increases the damage from sheen (which is physical dmg)

If i had to choose between the two, I would go for sheen+brutalizer.

The Promise

05-26-2010

Updated with a small section on an AP build. The "How to" for solos is still being written. Check back soon!

CS RaiL

05-27-2010

Reposting since no one actually answered it / answered it well:

Just got a question about Nidalee's cougar abilities, do they do magic damage or physical damage? (ie does MPen or ArPen affect the damage?) I'm sure Pounce and Swipe do magic but not so sure about Takedown.
And upon using Takdown, it doesn't trigger any on-hit effects on your next attack right?

Optimus Prim3

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS RaiL View Post

Just got a question about Nidalee's cougar abilities, do they do magic damage or physical damage? (ie does MPen or ArPen affect the damage?) I'm sure Pounce and Swipe do magic but not so sure about Takedown.
And upon using Takdown, it doesn't trigger any on-hit effects on your next attack right?
My understanding is that take down is physical damage and is affected by Armor Pen. The rest of magic abilities affected by Magic Pen.
I do not believe Takedown triggers anything on your next attack

The Promise

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS RaiL View Post

Takedown does physical damage, is affected by Armor Pen, and activating it will proc Sheen/Lich's Bane but not Rylai's and the like. Pounce and Swipe do magic damage and are affected by Magic Pen, proc Sheen/Lich's Bane, and apply Rylai's. However, Nidalee is such a good chaser you shouldn't need Rylai's.

Liquidus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

Thanks a lot for taking on FlankD's Nidalee guide. You should add a post linking to it on FlankD's topic just in case people still using it as a reference (like I was) don't know about this one. Also, have you watched any of HotShotGG's Nidalee videos on CLGaming? The consensus seems to be that he's the #1 Nidalee player and his build order is something like:

Doran's Ring + Heal Potion

Mercury Treads

Brutalizer into Ghostblade

Guinsoo's Rageblade

Another Brutalizer

I don't know his reasoning behind this but maybe it bears thinking about?

ck64

05-31-2010

You mention a 10% dodge in your guide on cougar form. Is this an unlisted bonus or old information that you haven't been keeping updated?

The Promise

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck64 View Post
You mention a 10% dodge in your guide on cougar form. Is this an unlisted bonus or old information that you haven't been keeping updated?
It is an unlisted bonus. I really don't know why it's not in the tooltip, but it is most certainly there.