AD Nidalee Guide: Taking on the Mantle of Flankd

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-22-2010

Quote:
The key is to make them feel comfortable. You want your opponent to feel harassed, but not like you are looking for a kill.
I think that's my problem. I'm really aggressive with my harassment, often to the point that if I didn't have a heal, I would be getting owned in my lane. I'll try to play it cool around level 6 and lure them in next time I play.

Also, I found with bushwack you can dragon from the hill top. Just put a trap on the dragon and start dpsing it in range form. I thought it was pretty cool when I found it out - maybe you could add it as part of the dragon strategy ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonegnasher

Senior Member

05-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawster View Post
rushing guinsoos is better. the attack dmg + ap is amazing when you're at level 9-10. it's way better then brutalizer + sheen early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawster View Post
it is because you can take down towers better and you can heal like 100 more, and you attack much faster. auto attacks guinsoos is better, burst sheen and brut is better. pretty much the theory is if takedown doesn't kill them with guinsoos, it won't with brut and sheen.did i mention that spears hit like 150 harder, and pounce and swipe hit like 50 harder?

i still get sheen after guinsoos tho
Wrong.

1. Sheen increases Takedown's damage by 80% (almost double, for those who are bad at math).
2. During Takedown + Sheen proc, Brutalizer's damage will be effectively be 45 (25 base, + .8 * 25 from Sheen), 10 more than Guinsoo's
3. Brutalizer has armor penetration, further increasing Takedown's damage
4. Takedown is unaffected by ability power or attack speed, drastically reducing the benefits of Guinsoo's during a spike.

TL;DR- Takedown damage with Sheen + Brutalizer is roughly double that of Guinsoo's

I'm not saying Guinsoo's is a bad item on Nidalee. It's great, in fact. But Boots + Sheen + Brutalizer is cheap, easily farmed and ridiculously strong early/mid game. Rushing anything else on her is just stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CS RaiL

Senior Member

05-22-2010

Just got a question about Nidalee's cougar abilities, do they do magic damage or physical damage? I'm sure Pounce and Swipe do but not so sure about Takedown.
And upon using Takdown, it doesn't trigger any on-hit effects on your next attack right?

Plus I think the tooltip for Nidalee's abilities are broken in-game, it says something like "Leaps forward to do 0 (+Apratio) magic damage."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaxOnLegs

Senior Member

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS RaiL View Post
Just got a question about Nidalee's cougar abilities, do they do magic damage or physical damage? I'm sure Pounce and Swipe do but not so sure about Takedown.
And upon using Takdown, it doesn't trigger any on-hit effects on your next attack right?

Plus I think the tooltip for Nidalee's abilities are broken in-game, it says something like "Leaps forward to do 0 (+Apratio) magic damage."
Pounce and Swipe are linked to AP. And Takedown is linked to AD.

---

I have a question for you people out there. I mid lane alot, when no one else really wants to, and I'm doing well. Yet, I have some problems, and I was wondering if you could make a separate section for laning against common mid laners.

Like for example, how do you counter TF? I find him highly annoying, since although I can heal, he can just eat my HP away with relative ease. Same with Sivir. Ashe isn't too much fo a problem, but still, can you give me some advice? Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mikalus

Member

05-23-2010

I hate mid-laning against TF as well. I tend to not push very much, stay conservative, do the whole luring them in deal, and then if possible call someone else in from your team who has a stun, take them down as a pair. Of course, there are probably better strategies against a TF, I just don't know them as I'm relatively new to the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

Member

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikalus View Post
I hate mid-laning against TF as well. I tend to not push very much, stay conservative, do the whole luring them in deal, and then if possible call someone else in from your team who has a stun, take them down as a pair. Of course, there are probably better strategies against a TF, I just don't know them as I'm relatively new to the game.
TF should be an easy kill when he is solo. He has Gold Card, but early game that's all he has and the stun is short. You can wail on TFs without much problem. Also, their PaC is so easy to see, and it's so easy to tell if they have a Gold Card, the stun shouldn't even be an issue. TF is very squishy, and if you use my ArP set up you will hit him hard. Just stay aggressive against TF and he shouldn't give you problems.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

Member

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
I think that's my problem. I'm really aggressive with my harassment, often to the point that if I didn't have a heal, I would be getting owned in my lane. I'll try to play it cool around level 6 and lure them in next time I play.

Also, I found with bushwack you can dragon from the hill top. Just put a trap on the dragon and start dpsing it in range form. I thought it was pretty cool when I found it out - maybe you could add it as part of the dragon strategy ?

Learning how aggressive to be is a matter or practice and being able to gauge how confident your opponent is. You need to find that happy place every game, against every new opponent.

Also, that Dragon start works, but because you lose Cougar DPS the kill takes much longer. Dragon kills should look like this:
Bushwack as you run in
Heal
Cougar
Two sets of Cougar CDs
Heal and repeat (minus Bushwack)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

Member

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malqui View Post
Pounce and Swipe are linked to AP. And Takedown is linked to AD.

---

I have a question for you people out there. I mid lane alot, when no one else really wants to, and I'm doing well. Yet, I have some problems, and I was wondering if you could make a separate section for laning against common mid laners.

Like for example, how do you counter TF? I find him highly annoying, since although I can heal, he can just eat my HP away with relative ease. Same with Sivir. Ashe isn't too much fo a problem, but still, can you give me some advice? Thanks.
At your request, I will start writing that section today. Look for it to include the following:
Kat
TF
Ashe
Trist
Sivir
Karthus
Teemo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mikalus

Member

05-24-2010

Having recently played a few more mid lanes against TF I have found playing aggressively against him much better! I guess experience at the game has helped, but Promise - thanks so much for the guides and I'm looking forward to the specific laning guides you are going to write


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

Member

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikalus View Post
Having recently played a few more mid lanes against TF I have found playing aggressively against him much better! I guess experience at the game has helped, but Promise - thanks so much for the guides and I'm looking forward to the specific laning guides you are going to write
Glad to be of help. As a general rule, you can be pretty aggressive with Nidalee when you solo. You're pretty much the only solo that has a heal, so that gives you a huge leg up in your ability to own the lane.


1234567 ... 8