AD Nidalee Guide: Taking on the Mantle of Flankd

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saavedra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

So I just checked in game, and the numbers say that your dodge chance DOES go up 10% in cougar form. Once again, I had no idea what my abilities were because the game database was wrong. I need to stop checking that **** thing altogether.

So if you can get Nidalee's dodge up to 30% with just ninja tabi and runes and masteries, why not get phantom dancer? 50% dodge is crazy, especially with the speed mastery.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

It wouldn't quite be 50%, because of how dodge stacks, but it would still be pretty good.

shawster

04-30-2010

rushing guinsoos is better. the attack dmg + ap is amazing when you're at level 9-10. it's way better then brutalizer + sheen early.

The Promise

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saavedra View Post
So I just checked in game, and the numbers say that your dodge chance DOES go up 10% in cougar form. Once again, I had no idea what my abilities were because the game database was wrong. I need to stop checking that **** thing altogether.

So if you can get Nidalee's dodge up to 30% with just ninja tabi and runes and masteries, why not get phantom dancer? 50% dodge is crazy, especially with the speed mastery.
The only reason I don't is because there are better items for Niadlee than Phantom. If you wanted to I'm sure you could build it, and get that crazy dodge chance, but I don't think it's worth it unless the game has been going on so long that you run out of things to buy.

As for rushing Ginsoo's, I can't imagine how that is better than Sheen + Brutalizer. Sheen has perfect synergy with Takedown, and the CDR from Brutalizer is amazing on Nidalee. I can't imagine Ginsoo's, as good as it is, being better than both of those combined.

shawster

04-30-2010

it is because you can take down towers better and you can heal like 100 more, and you attack much faster. auto attacks guinsoos is better, burst sheen and brut is better. pretty much the theory is if takedown doesn't kill them with guinsoos, it won't with brut and sheen.did i mention that spears hit like 150 harder, and pounce and swipe hit like 50 harder?

i still get sheen after guinsoos tho

The Promise

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawster View Post
it is because you can take down towers better and you can heal like 100 more, and you attack much faster. auto attacks guinsoos is better, burst sheen and brut is better. pretty much the theory is if takedown doesn't kill them with guinsoos, it won't with brut and sheen.did i mention that spears hit like 150 harder, and pounce and swipe hit like 50 harder?

i still get sheen after guinsoos tho
Yeah. I go for burst early game. I turn into an auto attack champ towards the end of the game, but early I find a burst set up to be much more beneficial. I am just going to chalk it up to personal preference.

Thistlemin

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
Yeah. I go for burst early game. I turn into an auto attack champ towards the end of the game, but early I find a burst set up to be much more beneficial. I am just going to chalk it up to personal preference.
This is exactly why you should be building a SotO early if you are playing a carry Nidalee. Her Auto-Attack in human form with Attack Speed bonus, Guinso's, and 8+ stacks of SotO hurts hard and hits fast. People have no idea where the steady stream of death is coming from. They surely don't expect a human Nid to be dropping them so steadily. If I knew how to livesteam, I'd create one.

The Promise

05-17-2010

Updated the guide with the last patch info, and changed the build order a bit. Sorry it's a little late.

Crazy Demon

05-22-2010

I'm having problems killing people solo as Nidalee, especially in my lane. I can get the harass okay (though I could improve) but whenever I hit level 6, I can never get close enough to the other soloer to use my cougar combo.

Any tips?

The Promise

05-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
I'm having problems killing people solo as Nidalee, especially in my lane. I can get the harass okay (though I could improve) but whenever I hit level 6, I can never get close enough to the other soloer to use my cougar combo.

Any tips?
The key is to make them feel comfortable. You want your opponent to feel harassed, but not like you are looking for a kill. If they want to push, let them. If they eat your harassment, keep harassing.

Don't make them pill, and don't scare them away. Cougar is about burst. Better players will note when you have Cougar, and a lot of the time will let you walk all over their lane because they know if they engage you they will probably die. Make sure you have good positioning so you don't get your Pounce blocked by minions, then you need to be fast. Very fast. You should be in Cougar and on top of them before they can react. Being on the front of your creep line is key to this, as is making them comfortable. A good way I have found to do this is to farm with Cougar for a little bit. That way when they see the cat they won't think, "AMG! Imma die!" they think, "Oh, he's just farming with Pounce and Swipe."

If you give me a bit more information about what exactly you are doing and how you are playing I can be more specific with my advice for your situation.

123456 ... 8