AP or AD nidalee??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rayqua

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2010

so as the title suggest which one is better? i have only played ap and i love it, however i see a lot of people saying to go ad. my only problem with ad is that (unless im missing something) ad only effects auto-attacks and i think takedown whereas ap increase damage on all abilites as well as increasing your heals. so thats where i stand i was just curious what everyone else thought. thanks.

Carados

07-10-2010

They're different and are both good. If you can't play both, learn to play the other one. You never actually have to decide early game if you don't need to, they have the same opening build

Doran's Ring
Boots1
(Sheen/Rageblade)
(Sheen/Rageblade)

Elyselle

07-10-2010

A hybrid build based around AD still has a decent amount of AP.

The difference is that the bonus to heal, spear, and abilities are minimal in comparison for the added damage from auto attack and certain abilities. You aren't going to kill a champion with abilities alone, it's just not going to happen, and you are going to get into 1v1 fights. AP Nidalee is just weaker in a fight then a hybrid champ will be, meaning you are more likely to win a fight, get the kill, and go on killing more champs where as you could very well have lost the fight as an AP.

Also the damage from Trinity Force's sheen is higher then Lichbane, and i can't verify this but unlike lichbane is doesn't have the 3s cooldown. (could be wrong, but it's not listed as such in the description) So you have higher burst.

going more AD, your cougar form is vastly more effective, however your human form abilities are slightly weaker. And i mean SLIGHTLY. As a reminder, YOU STILL HAVE AP. You just forgo the extra 100-200 ap to get far better attack speed/damage/and possibly lifesteal (if you take bloodthirster), which works in both forms might i add. So your heal will do 100? less and your spear will do a bit less then that at max range. However, the amount on heal is negligible, the speed boost is the same, and you use spear as a finisher more then anything anyways and the instances where doing the 200+ more damage being the difference between a kill and them getting away is very rare.

Just try both builds extensively. The best way to see which build works better is to learn them and see which is more effective in actual play. So stop making threads about it and do some work yourself.

Eppa

07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyselle View Post
A hybrid build based around AD still has a decent amount of AP.

AP Nidalee is just weaker in a fight then a hybrid champ will be, meaning you are more likely to win a fight, get the kill, and go on killing more champs where as you could very well have lost the fight as an AP.

Also the damage from Trinity Force's sheen is higher then Lichbane, and i can't verify this but unlike lichbane is doesn't have the 3s cooldown. (could be wrong, but it's not listed as such in the description) So you have higher burst.

Just try both builds extensively. The best way to see which build works better is to learn them and see which is more effective in actual play. So stop making threads about it and do some work yourself.
Nidalee is always weak i a fight. I personally think Ap is better because it is better late game. triforce has a 3 sec cooldwon

Elyselle

07-10-2010

thanks for verifying.

And actually i find AP Nidalee weak late game, where as hybrid/ad Nidalee has stuff like Youmuu which can usually tear apart anything.

Either way Nidalee is horrible in team fights. You usually need a kite team to break up enemy groups to really show her off. Most of her appeal late game comes at flanking and doing somewhat of guerrilla warfare. As well as taking down enemy bases while your enemies are pushing. Hybrid/AD does this far better then AP.

Also on a side note, an AP Nidalee will be farmed by an AD Nidalee. I started as an AP build and switched to trinity force and such and i just find it better in almost every way. My heal doesn't do as much but honestly it's not like you're ever in a situation where it means anything. You never think, "If only i healed for a couple more hundred hps he would have lived, or i would have survived" etc. However you being able to take down an enemy unit faster = them not damaging you or your allies anymore, which is obviously superior in keeping you and your group alive.

The ONLY thing AP Nidalee has really going for it is spear damage. I'm a pretty great shot with her spear if i do say so myself, it's difficult the range is so short and it's so slow so it's often easily outmaneuvered but you can usually get a hit in with the right positioning or in a group fight when people are so preoccupied they don't even think to dodge anything, and it does do A LOT of damage, but it still doesn't make up for the damage you lose out over the actual fight.

TechnMage

07-10-2010

i've actually been wondering how good a lichbane nidalee would be i ussually go sheen->rageblade->trinity but was thinking pure AP with lichbane might be good becaues she can seriously use it every 3 seconds and it gives a really good bonus to damage(while triforce gives you base damage increase so items don't help with it )

Bonegnasher

07-10-2010

I used to swear by AD Nidalee, but after all the nerfs I honestly think hybrid leaning towards AP (Guinsoo's --> Lich Bane --> Rylai's) is much better now. The AP ratio on her heal is freakin' ridiculous now (1.25), and the damage you lose on takedown is made up for by the extra damage from pounce and swipe.

Here's my logic:
The outcome of most games is determined by team fights more than any other factor, and AP Nidalee just flat out has more to offer:
-Much better heals
-Much better pre-fight harrassment with javelin
-Virtually the same spike damage in cougar form (slightly less)
Therefore, AP Nidalee is better.

Pwnacus Maximus

07-10-2010

AP nidalee is superior by far, with hybrid coming in a little behind it, and AD nidalee dead halfway through the race

9/21/0 or 9/0/21 masteries
cleanse and ignite
solo mid always
dorans + 1hp pot
boots
mejais
sheen
rageblade
lich bane
rylais
zhonyas
gg

also blue pots ftw

The Promise

07-10-2010

Pure AD is terrible., however, I still think that an AD/AP hybrid build has a small leg up on AP, but it is small and AP is still very good.

The reasoning behind this is as follows: AP leaves part of Nidalee's toolkit out of the picture entirely, namely auto-attacking and Takedown. A lot of people say that Lich Bane covers Takedown and auto-attacking is irrelevant.

Yes, Lich Bane does cover Takedown, but when the effect is off CD. It has a 3 second cooldown on both Sheen and Lich Bane, but not on Trinity. Also, discounting auto-attack DPS potential is foolish if you ask me. Yes your CDs are short, but when they are down you are left with nothing to do. AP doesn't let Nidalee do everything. That is why she is considered a very good Champion despite her lack of CC; because she can do everything.

Hybrid builds take advantage of everything that Nidalee has. She is not Jax or Tryn when it comes to auto-attack DPS, but good luck getting away from a Nidalee with Lizard, and if the game runs long Bloodrazor + Lizard will turn you into a very potent DPS.

All things considered, it's a matter of personal preference. Both builds are very good, but I find Hybrid to be a bit less situational that AP, but that's just me. Again, AP or Hybrid, it's really up to you. But if you can't land a Javelin, don't play AP.