%AP for HP item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trawne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-26-2011

I was sitting here watching some livestreams and realized something.

There is an item for AP and AD that add damage based on mana (Archangel's and Manamune), but there is only an AD item that adds damage based on health (Atma's).

So i thought about making an AP item with a build like this:

Stats:
Health - 200
CDR - 10%
Magic Resist - 48
Unique Passive - 2%(maybe1.5%?) of your total HP is converted to AP
Edit: changed % to 2 instead of 3. 3 is just too high.

Builds from: Kindlegem + Negatron Cloak
Combine cost: 850
Total cost: 2440

This item would be great for Tanky AP champs like Alistar, Galio, Gragas, Sion.

It would also benefit AP champs that have no mana to benefit from archangel's like Akali, Katarina, Kennen, Vlad (AP gained from this items passive should not convert back to HP for his passive, but he does gain 5 AP for the base 200 HP the item gives)

Any thoughts?

Also sorry if a similar item has been suggested before.

Maknyuzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-26-2011

I think that'll be bs. One of the mage weakness in any kind of game/lore/story is its health. You give heath + magic = undefeatable... Plus RoA already accomplish this.

Destabilizator

07-26-2011

I'd like to see some sort of Madred's for casters. Because lategame casters are quite losing the punch :/ But afaik Riot scraped this idea

NecroticBinder

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destabilizator View Post
I'd like to see some sort of Madred's for casters. Because lategame casters are quite losing the punch :/ But afaik Riot scraped this idea
Deathfire grasp mate.

Also, back on topic Singed and Jax would love this item, and make everyone cry because of it. You aren't suppose to get Tanky and have more burst damage, that's why Ryze is considered annoying, so unfortunately never going to happen.

VKZ95

07-27-2011

you should take out the cdr and magic resist and buff the hp by 150 and the hp converted into ap by 1% (350hp + 2- 2.5%of hp converted into ap

MuffinMun1

07-27-2011

This is a great idea. RoA did not fix this problem and i was thinking give the same health but only 2%. because even achieving a 4000 in hp you only get 80 ap with the 2% with the 3% you would get a whopping 120 which is almost a rabadons. so love the idea but ap is too crazy to give 3% of hp to.
P.S. i was actually going to post something about this until i saw this thread.

Trawne

Recruiter

07-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maknyuzz View Post
I think that'll be bs. One of the mage weakness in any kind of game/lore/story is its health. You give heath + magic = undefeatable... Plus RoA already accomplish this.
Not all AP classes are mages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMun1 View Post
This is a great idea. RoA did not fix this problem and i was thinking give the same health but only 2%. because even achieving a 4000 in hp you only get 80 ap with the 2% with the 3% you would get a whopping 120 which is almost a rabadons. so love the idea but ap is too crazy to give 3% of hp to.
P.S. i was actually going to post something about this until i saw this thread.
After looking at some item builds with this in mind i think you're right. Alistar would be able to go rylai's, deathcap, hourglass, warmogs, merc treads, and this and get crazy AP, HP and resist. i might even say 1.5% would be best. the item wasn't meant to give a lot of AP, just an additional MR item for AP classes other than abyssal.

1.5% would give 30 AP to a mage with 2k hp and 60 AP to the 4k tanky AP

Fistful of Force

07-27-2011

Does this item fit in with the class? The class you are talking about is AP carry, which would need the HP. But burst casters would become OP. I think this item would be too hard to balance, and so shouldn't be implemented.

Dizzazzter

07-27-2011

If this happens Cho'Gath Players = Unstoppable. RoA + New Item + Warmogs = 4.5k hp with 200 ap.

MuffinMun1

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistful of Force View Post
Does this item fit in with the class? The class you are talking about is AP carry, which would need the HP. But burst casters would become OP. I think this item would be too hard to balance, and so shouldn't be implemented.
think of it like this. i play maokai and achieve at least a 4k health but i only get like 80 ap because of a rylai's. and maokais ratios's are really not that good so the only dmg he can have is his sapling and his root(not even his ult does that much dmg without ap) so the extra 60+ ap would really compliment everything about him he would just be a little better. some champions i feel would be greatly complimented with this item.