Why Locket-Ezreal > All

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deadly Paradox

05-09-2010

I just ran this. It's actually pretty decent. I ended up out healing 2 Dr. Mundos (84,000 vs. 70,000). It's great in combination with AP (Rod of Ages, Archangel's Scepter, Lich Bane) and survivability (Guardian Angel, Thornmail, Heart of Frost).

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingledot View Post
This isn't some sort of exemplary game. Really, the healing spread is usually even wider.

Just wanted to post this because last game another Ez player gave me a lot of flak for my build.

Locket > sorc boots > lichbane

Games don't usually go long enough for anything else after that.
Locket-->sorc boots--->lichbane

What?

That build gives you a total of 80 ability power...

lichbane would be less effective than sheen with 80 ability power, as you have over 100AD in most cases by the time you get lichbane.

I don't understand why people get lichbane as their first AP item.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
The main difference in Locket Ez versus pure AP is that Locket Ez will heal about 2x as much during the match and do 80% as much damage. It's his strongest build, in my opinion.

Also, that Soraka must have died a lot or something. Most Sorakas I've played against get way more healing than that.

Edit: To the above poster, you don't understand how Locket Ez works. Locket Ez can keep the Locket buff up 100% of the time it's available for the entire game without putting a dent in his mana. No other character can do this. Therefore, it is pointless to compare him with locket versus other healers as they will not get the benefit of it compared to Ezreal.
Udyr probably could manage.

Thinscrispy

05-09-2010

Just tried this, went 4/0/10 with a locket and shroud, and kept team going indefinitely. Its effective for sure.

True Bandito

05-09-2010

Cut 30% off from the next patch, unless they change it.

KEWLKATZ

05-09-2010

As stated before, the healing numbers in that picture would be skewed based on the fact that you are healing creeps around you as well.

That being said, I just tried this build, and I really like the body and mana it gives Ez, and the restore is pretty effective in pushes.

I also feel like my DPS was not gimped going locket first, as midgame your skills do enough damage on their own to not really need much AP.

Lategame, just getting a couple blasting wands and (if the game permits) converting them ito a zhonyas isa good way to keep your AP up.

AwkwardRobot

05-09-2010

so i tried this a few times and...
i love it.
i've played ezreal a few times before and always felt like i wasn't doing much, i feel like i have a bigger purpose now :3
what i usually build is locket - sorc - guise - and last game i build rageblade
i want to try shroud though next round :P

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indophal View Post
I tend to play Ez with locket, and I do consider myself to be essentially support. Typically go catalyst, rageblade, locket, rylais...whereupon the game ends. Rageblade is easy to charge up with Ez and has a ludicrous stat per gold value.
It's worth noting, though, that even though your raw healing values are way higher, it's likely that a solid half was overheal- putting an extra 50 hp on someone at full.

and healing creeps.

Empyron

05-12-2010

So I ran this last night. It may have been a fluke because I laned with Blitz and got some lucky pulls to finish people down but it was pretty awesome. Ran with sapphire crystal + health pot, didn't have to 'b' til like level 7 and then only to buy items. Went back, picked up catalyst and then boots of mobility. Picked up locket next and then built to rageblade. Was on my way building to Rylai's when game ended. Our team went 23/2 against their team and I was 8/0 as Ezreal. I don't know if that was a fluke or not, I'll have to experiment tonight more...

Ok update: I played a build mainly using Catalyst > locket, boots > mobility, rageblade, Rylai's, (zhonya's/lichbane if it gets that far).

It's pretty wicked actually. I had 3 games where I went 8/0 or 10/0 something of that nature and other games where it was a tad more even (a 4 on 5 from the start that went on 55 minutes--we almost won). The healing/mana restore from locket is great. It's really a pretty beastly build over all.