Why Locket-Ezreal > All

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoticon

05-07-2010

So did this Taric or Soroka also have locket? If not you aren't comparing anything useful. Interesting, possibly, but not real useful.

Morinav

05-07-2010

The main difference in Locket Ez versus pure AP is that Locket Ez will heal about 2x as much during the match and do 80% as much damage. It's his strongest build, in my opinion.

Also, that Soraka must have died a lot or something. Most Sorakas I've played against get way more healing than that.

Edit: To the above poster, you don't understand how Locket Ez works. Locket Ez can keep the Locket buff up 100% of the time it's available for the entire game without putting a dent in his mana. No other character can do this. Therefore, it is pointless to compare him with locket versus other healers as they will not get the benefit of it compared to Ezreal.

Be Calm Carry On

05-07-2010

The thing about Locket Mundo is that it's actually spelled Udyr.

imhuge

05-07-2010

just played Locket Ez for the 3rd time today
my opinion is that it's about as effective as if your team all got Spirit Visage and you got no AP
I can't see myself using it again in solo queue

it's not a fun build to commit to
I go Mana Crystal -> Boots -> Catalyst and then go for Mejai's if I feel I can get stacks
if doing poorly, your best option is to just keep Catalyst and go for something else like Aegis
I often have summoner Heal so I'd rather have Veil (blocks silence and knockups)
you'll need your team to get you golem before you get Locket so Arcane Shift doesn't stay on cooldown forever
while saving up for your next item, you'll probably find that all you contribute for a while is healing and Trueshot damage
if anyone has clarity you seriously won't need the mana regen
the one thing I like about this is that you can go either AD or AP after (AD is probably better here)

pretty sure healing stats after a game are heavily inflated by healing on minions
you'll be healing several hundred every 3 seconds with 1 wave compared to healing maybe 2000 per team fight (Locket healing probably less than 1000)

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

Locket Gragas>All

AnyOtherEnemy

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel Dijerek View Post
Locket Ezreal seems quite promising for a support build, but it seems rather reliant on landing multihit Essence Fluxes. In other words, if your team bunches up and you're good, it should work, not so much if they stay away from each other.

Excuse me, but the hell does your team bunching up for Essence flux have to do with Locket?

Locket procs no matter what ability you use, and hence the viability of using the item has nothing to do with this.

Kaedan

05-08-2010

My typical build is Lichbane, Boots (whatever type I need for the team comp), and Archangel's staff. It's usually over by that point. But I could definitely see Locket working... I just like the MP gain and regen from Tear > Archangel's better.

Sailor Moon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

Tried- great success. :3

still prefer the straight AP build- but this one is definitely viable (lower elo for me at least) and is definitely very amusing.

+1

Nihil Sine Nefas

05-08-2010

I tried it. It's pretty good, but I felt more like a heal bot than I liked. You might also run into mana problems during an extended push, due to the constant Ws and Qs you're spamming. Although, if you have a Soraka with you, your team can just sit there and laugh at all their attempts at harassment while their tower gets pushed.

omgacow

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
Ghostblade Gragas>All
Fixed