Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Locket-Ezreal > All

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imhuge

04-29-2010

here's some calculations for the cooldowns just to show effectiveness of Locket over AP for healing (discounting Mejai's or Zhonya's, this is around 80 AP for the cost)

Locket has 3 second cooldown and Ezreal has no problems keeping it up 100%
at this point in game, you probably had Mystic Shot (cooldown 4 or 3 if hit) and Essence Flux (cooldown 10) at 5
this makes Essence Flux available every 7 seconds at best
with 20% cooldown (Glacial Shroud or blue buff), the cooldowns become 3.2 (or 2.2 if hit) and 8 or an Essence Flux about every 5 seconds at best
with 40%, you have 2.4 (or 1.4) and 6 or Essence Flux every 3 seconds

Locket adds 50 HP over 2 seconds every 3 seconds in an area or a little less than 1/5 of Essence Flux's base
AP ratio of Essence Flux is 0.6 or about 83 AP to match

to match 40% cooldown, AP needs to just about double the base heal or about 450 AP
with blue buff, AP would need to add a little less than base or still a few hundred AP

unrealistic scenario:
maximum AP achieved with 3000 is Mejai's and 2 Blasting Wands or 260 AP for an extra 156 HP
with this and blue buff, you can reach 40% cooldown for an extra 156 every 3 seconds

keep in mind this is just a healing comparison, not damage

Personally, I always start with a Mana Crystal but I never go Locket
The cost to upgrade to Locket is about the same as Sorc upgrade, Glacial Shroud upgrade, and a Ruby Crystal or Mejai's and Glacial Shroud
I'll try this a few games but I feel cooldown is a lot stronger; the main advantage I see is pushing power and practically unlimited mana on a character that can benefit from both

Daikaze

04-29-2010

Locket Evelyn is better... Just saying.

Fragglerock

Recruiter

04-29-2010

Quote:
imhuge:

Personally, I always start with a Mana Crystal but I never go Locket
The cost to upgrade to Locket is about the same as Sorc upgrade, Glacial Shroud upgrade, and a Ruby Crystal or Mejai's and Glacial Shroud
I'll try this a few games but I feel cooldown is a lot stronger; the main advantage I see is pushing power and practically unlimited mana on a character that can benefit from both

I easily get about 22% CDR from jsut tier 2 runes and masteries. Really, even a glacial puts you over cap.... I do like the deathfire, its a great item that basically hits all the points + more damage, but lichbane is also lots of good things... movement, MR, AP, and the damage output.

YellowSnowsicle

04-29-2010

I can see it being powerful as a supporter. However, I don't see it being able to keep your team alive through an initial burst. With that said, I can see locket ezreal/soraka being the new taric/soraka.

Umibozu

04-30-2010

Lol I just did this the other day, its pretty amazing.

Morinav

04-30-2010

Maybe I'll try this? I'm a little doubtful, and I already have a lot of luck with AP Ez, so I dunno. If I'm feeling adventurous I'll give it a shot.

VespaVictim

05-04-2010

I'm going to revive this from the near dead to say this is a cool alternate as to how to run a supporting Ezreal.

I had a team of Nidalee, Rammus, Corki and Yi. Planning to go AP from the start, I picked up Teleport and Clarity, being fairly confidant in escape ability without needing it summoner skill wise.

Fairly standard 9/0/21 build, with Magic Pen marks, MP5/lvl seals, CDR glyphs and a mix in the quints.

In the length of the game, I managed to get the Innervating Locket, Sorc Boots, Sheen and an Elixer of Brilliance that I didn't even remember to use, so barely any AP, and a bit of penetration.

For a support character, I felt I had really nice burst, due to the other team building more for armor resist than magic, and as soon as I got innervating locket, team pushes became trivial. My heal topped off the lower heroes / did 1/6th-1/8th or so of an enemy's health bar and spamming Mystic Shot gave my team what was essentially constant mana and health regen. The ultimate was still great, of course, and tended to turn the team fights around

When everyone's mana got low, popped clarity and off we went again. We literally sat in the base, taking down all three sets of turrets and inhibs without having to B back. Part of it could be Nidalee's heal as well, but she went with an Attack Damage build, as did Corki.

I ended the game at 10/1/9.

Overall, I didn't feel as bursty as I couldve, but thinking of Ezreal more as support, the damage was more than fine.

A really interesting find Zingledot!

Cyrenic

05-07-2010

I tried this locket build the other day, and it was very successful. I think I ended up with 18 assists.

RamboBatman

05-07-2010

Just wanted to +1 this. I've tried a ton of different Ezreal builds and Locket is by far my favorite. Usually I go Ruby Crystal, Catalyst, Boots, finish Locket, finish Boots, Sheen, Guinsoo's, Triforce. Decent survivablity, tons of healing, decent damage. I like to have both a ranged carry and a caster on my team so that I'm not expected to fill either of those roles. As long as you're team knows that you're going to be dishing out the crazy heals, they'll grow to love you even if your damage isn't as high as other Ezreals.

Yellow Jester

05-07-2010

I should do Locket Mundo and be the king of teamfights.