Why Locket-Ezreal > All

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

This isn't some sort of exemplary game. Really, the healing spread is usually even wider.

Just wanted to post this because last game another Ez player gave me a lot of flak for my build.

Locket > sorc boots > lichbane

Games don't usually go long enough for anything else after that.

Drakedog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

04-28-2010

Sick man I love it when someone tries something different that pays off.

Fr05tbite

04-28-2010

Intriguing....

Fragglerock

04-28-2010

Also, its not like I'm severely gimped without going straight mejais or something. This particular game I had the most kills of either team, but usually its middle-ground with a ton of assists.

Adel Dijerek

04-28-2010

Locket Ezreal seems quite promising for a support build, but it seems rather reliant on landing multihit Essence Fluxes. In other words, if your team bunches up and you're good, it should work, not so much if they stay away from each other.

Fragglerock

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel Dijerek View Post
Locket Ezreal seems quite promising for a support build, but it seems rather reliant on landing multihit Essence Fluxes. In other words, if your team bunches up and you're good, it should work, not so much if they stay away from each other.

Bunching up is something that DOES happen. If it doesn't, you might only hit a couple with W. Still, its not as if I spent the entire game with 4 people lined up for W. After first lane phase ended it was me and 2 other guys in mid for a long time while sivir and yi made them split up to defend towers. Late game with 5 on 5 team fights I MAYBE hit my entire team with a W twice, but I think it only happened once. I put equal priority on hitting the enemy with it, for both the dmg and the debuff - I can't heal through burst dmg, but I can stop the burst. I'd say the AS debuff has saved more of my teammates than the heal. The heal just keeps them in the fight longer; ergo having the mana to W *ALL THE TIME* is more valuable than healing for another 100-150 (its not a 1:1 ability).

Also, imo, you can call it Support if you want. Am I going straight for snowball AP items? No. Do I do more damage than any other normally built support champ? Yes. Sooo... call it what you want.

Xocolatl

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel Dijerek View Post
And if the other team has Anivia...shudder.
Free Anivia/Fiddle/Karthus week is not the time to play Locket Ez.

sser

04-28-2010

It seems like an okay idea, but the snag is that AP Ezreal can already heal fairly well and do decent burst damage.

Fragglerock

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sser View Post
It seems like an okay idea, but the snag is that AP Ezreal can already heal fairly well and do decent burst damage.
The innate damage in his abilities is still very good at that point in the game. Seriously, how much AP do you have in 35 minutes unless you get lucky on the mejais? You don't have 400. More accurately 200-300 AP and you're a glass cannon build that can't waste his mana healing or he'll go OOM, your trueshot hits for 300 more (minus resist) and your other abilities aren't 1:1, so you get even less from that. Not to mention you can't use your E for dmg most times because you're too squishy and need to keep your stacks safe.

Okay, so you sacrifice some burst - in exchange you do much more overall damage by staying in the fight a lot longer and casting more spells, and you heal better than any other support in LoL.

tbh, I should really stop trying to make my point because I don't want Ez to get nerfed because his healing is OP. Already enough nerf-bat coming down on healing lately.

Be Calm Carry On

04-29-2010

I tend to play Ez with locket, and I do consider myself to be essentially support. Typically go catalyst, rageblade, locket, rylais...whereupon the game ends. Rageblade is easy to charge up with Ez and has a ludicrous stat per gold value.
It's worth noting, though, that even though your raw healing values are way higher, it's likely that a solid half was overheal- putting an extra 50 hp on someone at full.