Mana Regen Runes For Ashe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nihil Sine Nefas

04-29-2010

Tier 2 runes are garbage. Tier 1 runes are pretty good though, as they have half of the stats of Tier 3 runes at less than 10% of the cost.

Exoh

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlops View Post
by the time clarity is ahead you'll have bought items to supplement your mana and mana isn't a huge concern for ashe except in the beginning
The Ashe builds that favor you having multiple kills and assists by 8 do not have mana regen items, only damage and survivability.

Also, every time a game reaches the "let's stand around and look at each other a while" stage, I spam volley like a mofo to whittle down their hp until we can tower dive to kill one or two. This is always effective and always requires a lot of regen so that you can stick around until your team needs to get out and use volley to protect the rear.

Grizzly Bear

04-29-2010

Sometimes I go yellow AND blue runes mp5 @ 18 just to be able to shoot a volley every 3.88 sec, never run out of mana.

Karnikula

04-30-2010

doing runes right as ashe:

marks: Arp
seals: manareg/lvl (don't buy any manareg items on ashe please, these are enough)
glyphs: cdred/lvl (the idea of getting raw maxmana instead ain't bad though)
quints: depends on what you want - high early game strenght: get the + raw Damage ones, otherwise Arp again

edit: and yeah get tier 1 runes until you're lvl 20 then only buy tier 3 ones
(and don't care about the price of tier 3 runes only be sure they are the best you can get, there's some cheap ones that are good and expensive ones that are bad)

Psychlops

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
NO. do NOT listen to him. save your money, so once you hit level twenty you have enough money for a full set of runes. the benefit from having runes at your level is negligible.
this is the logic of someone who is bad at math. First, it probably makes more sense to only buy level 1 runes (the percentage increase between level 1 and 2 is small and the price jump is high) until you're level 20 but you definitely get a huge benefit from them even if someone posts this as negligible. 9 level 1 malice marks probably adds about 5000 damage per game for Ashe. 9 x 6.25 mana in the blue is at least one more volley every time you leave base. 6 level 1 dodge seals cost about 360 IP (you'll only have 6 before level 20) and for that price one attack in every 30 will miss you. For 20 levels. You could simply buy 6 armors(cost 90 IP) and have about 4.7 more armor vs EVERY attack for 20 levels. This is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 100k+ total damage prevented for 90 IP in the roughly 100-120 games you have to play to reach level 20. That will earn you an occasional win and more than pay for itself because wins yield more IP and if it even saves your life 2-3 times in the course of all those games it was worth it. No one likes to sit out in the dead pool.

Belial

04-30-2010

Here's what I go buy:

Quote:
Rune page is pretty basic for a carry. I use Armor Pen for Marks and Quints, Mana Regen per level for seals, and Magic Resist per level for Glyphs. Glyphs could also be Cooldown Reduction per level or flat Magic Resist runes. I just prefer the endgame survivability. The Mana Regen runes are essential to this build and thus dodge is not an option for seals. View Screenshot posted at the bottom.
All credits go to the creator of this Ashe's guide:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...t=81778&page=4

JohnnyW

04-30-2010

Do not listen to Psychlops. Mana regen/lvl has given me far more success with Ashe and I'm loving it. You can spam volley so much more it's amazing.

congalong

04-30-2010

I use 18x mana reg/level. armor pen reds and armor pen quints/ms quints/flat hp quints depending how I'm feeling and if I'm soloing or not.

oh and Psychlops is bad.

Drimascus

04-30-2010

Don't waste rune slots with mana regen. Ashe doesn't consume massive amounts of mana as she is mainly an auto attack physical DPS. Spamming volley is a bad use of your mana pool as your physical DPS should be out-gaining your volley by far. In addition, your volley doesn't proc on hit effects of your items.

If you absolutely need mana regen, buy a Meki's as your first item.

JustDavid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

The point of mana regen runes is to avoid buying any mana regen items and focusing on pure damage / survivability.

Besides, volley should still be helpful even when your DPS is higher than the damage volley does. Volley applies slow to a whole team, and has a large range. It's always good to wear down the enemy before the tank initates the fight.