Low ELO help? New level 30.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazz Bat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2011

I have Alistar, Taric, Trundle, Shaco, Tryndamere, Kayle, and Ashe. I don't main any champion at all. I always choose what champion to use depending on what kind of role we need. I turned level 30 around two days ago and i've done six solo queue, ranked games. I currently have 4 wins and two loses. So far I have only played Taric and Alistar because I don't feel the rest of my champions are fit for ranked (except Ashe but she isn't too great imo). I have to say I am best at jungle Shaco but I am afraid of using him in ranked due to the fear of teammates not knowing what to do with a jungler on their team.

Champion suggestions for ranked?

What kind of champion should I get from looking at the ones I have currently?

k3ü kevin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-26-2011

taric alistar ashe great picks, rest are not as good. trundle is okay, but a better jungle would be nunu, nocturne, warwick etc.

RMK AngryGoblin

07-26-2011

Just started ranked as well, only have 50% win ratio however.

From my limited experience, also from watching my roommate who plays alot more, it seems to me that Tanks really win the game. Alistar is one of the finest tanks in the game, and can also Roam/Jungle/Counter Jungle like a boss! You can also fit in some damage in a pinch if needbe!

Personally, I think Tanks are one of the least played Champion types. I usually end up playing Tanks because no one else will.

Alistar, Shen, Amumu(if they don't ban him!), Jarvan, and Rammus(again, if not banned!) are all fine Tank choices.

My .02 Gold!

Killer10347

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfyDDD View Post
taric alistar ashe great picks, rest are not as good. trundle is okay, but a better jungle would be nunu, nocturne, warwick etc.
Change from Warwick to Shaco, and you've got it nailed on the mark.

Killer10347

07-26-2011

I recommend you focus on one champion for now. At the very least, one that can fill many roles. Although it's ideal to have above-average experience with 2 champs in each class [Jungler, ad carry, ap carry, support, tank, tanky dps], you will only need to have 1 or 2 main champs, that fit into 1 or 2 roles.

I realize the problem with nobody wanting to pick the tank, but hey, just because they didn't want to, doesn't mean you have to. I've won plently of low-mid elo matches with just a team of tanky carrys/supports. We had no true tank, but we built bulky so the enemy just couldn't burst us down in 1 second.

I recommend high-sustain champions like Taric, Soraka, Nunu, Fiddle, Sona, WW.
At least for now, you don't need to have a main in each class. Tell your teammates what role you can fill.

RMK AngryGoblin

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer10347 View Post
Change from Warwick to Shaco, and you've got it nailed on the mark.
Shaco's a great jungler, to be sure, but I also feel that WW will be a better pick, simply because he can also dominate in lane. Completely immovable object. Shaco falls short in this regard.

Quote:
I realize the problem with nobody wanting to pick the tank, but hey, just because they didn't want to, doesn't mean you have to. I've won plently of low-mid elo matches with just a team of tanky carrys/supports. We had no true tank, but we built bulky so the enemy just couldn't burst us down in 1 second.
This is true, lower ELO teams don't really require a Tank, but I feel they change the team for the better. And they're fun to play! However, you can simply build tough toons and make it out alive.