ap/tanking yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2010

have anyone tryed to do it??

using meditate yi should be almost invincible with ap and tank build
and alpha strike can be mortal with ap

let's try to discuss this

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-29-2010

Why would you attack a Yi who has zero damage and who is literally standing still not being able to even auto-attack for a crappy amount of damage. Furthermore, you have one damage ability that will hit for a couple hundred then you have nothing else to do?

Yellow Jester

04-29-2010

Nobody's tried it because anyone who plays master yi wants to go pew pew dead towers, and anyone who wants to play an invincible tank plays alistar or, if they want to not die ever and not do anything like that proposed build, Mundo.

Master yi is just not a tank. Tank items do not a tank make.

DeadRamza

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Error View Post
Why would you attack a Yi who has zero damage and who is literally standing still not being able to even auto-attack for a crappy amount of damage. Furthermore, you have one damage ability that will hit for a couple hundred then you have nothing else to do?

armor bonus and health regen
plus you have alpha strike attacking 4 people at the same time

imagine alpha strike with massive ap bonus
this can be very deadly

Blmz

04-29-2010

Braindamage is deadly too, you should check it out.

DeadRamza

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmz View Post
Braindamage is deadly too, you should check it out.

offending is not the purpose of this forum so gtfo and don't comment if you're gonna say stupid stuff

Aindin

04-29-2010

I have played an AP Yi before... I had limited success. You're Alpha Strike is deadly, make no bones about it, it can do some great damage and is great in a team fight. You do lose a lot of normal attack damage and speed, but you can still "pew pew" towers with your Ulti so you don't lose too much.

As far as a hybrid ap/tank... I'm not sure about that. You don't have enough AP to be overly effective and you don't have enough HP/Armor to be as indestructible.

PineapplePine

04-29-2010

If you took a tank build, like armor, magic resist and health

Where is the AP coming from?

If you take AP then you wont have tank items

If you take both

The AP bonus would be crappy

The W skill doesn't increase your armor/magic as you level only increase how much you heal

Alpha Strike has 1 to 1 ratio, so that isn't that good, you need A LOT of AP, at least 300 to make it viable

You're better all going all AP with Lich Bane, that way you'll be more of a threat than AP/Tank

DeadRamza

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aindin View Post
I have played an AP Yi before... I had limited success. You're Alpha Strike is deadly, make no bones about it, it can do some great damage and is great in a team fight. You do lose a lot of normal attack damage and speed, but you can still "pew pew" towers with your Ulti so you don't lose too much.

As far as a hybrid ap/tank... I'm not sure about that. You don't have enough AP to be overly effective and you don't have enough HP/Armor to be as indestructible.

i was thinking about that hybrid thing (maybe costts lots of gold and takes too much time to give results)

as for the tanking part i would talk about the armor bonus that meditate gives you...
but to do so you have to stand still
using it when you're dying since it will recover almost all of your life could be really nice

Karnikula

04-29-2010

positive sides of AP/tank yi:

can tank almost anything while meditate is activated
deals increased damage with alpha strike

negative sides of ap/tank yi:

doesn't deal any damage (the enemies will just ignore him)
silence / stun eliminates his only "tanklike" ability
his way of initiating fights leaves all teammates behinds and lead him to a solo death since he doesn't cc at all