The Jungler's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excession

05-02-2010

You got some TT buffs wrong.
Gold buff is x% bonus damage where x = champion level. 25 gold to killer.
Green buff also gives CDR. (10 or 15% I believe)
White buff is 30% bonus move speed.
Also, it might also be worth noting that Lizard gives 100 gold to killer.

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Just wanted to say I love your title man

Akyio

05-03-2010

Would like to know if somebody knows how to jungle with eve ? maybe i would try her then few times more, because at the moment she is ridiculously up

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

eve is a decent jungler because of her passive, the issue is that her base hp and auto attack are pretty slow, so she primarily relies on blue golem buff to be effective. If you want to jungle with Eve, make sure you have smite, and you probably want to take hate spike first (even though its a bit risky. The other option that is effective for Eve, is counter jungle, take stealth and gank their jungler, stealing their buff with smite, and stunning them.

I will try to update everything today. Still catching up on work related projects.

JohnnyW

05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
eve is a decent jungler because of her passive, the issue is that her base hp and auto attack are pretty slow, so she primarily relies on blue golem buff to be effective. If you want to jungle with Eve, make sure you have smite, and you probably want to take hate spike first (even though its a bit risky. The other option that is effective for Eve, is counter jungle, take stealth and gank their jungler, stealing their buff with smite, and stunning them.

I will try to update everything today. Still catching up on work related projects.
I tried this out in a practice game, and her passive does not seem to work on neutral creeps - or if it does they still raped me. D: (I did start at golem though...)

I'd appreciate a guide on how to jungle with her as well, since I would like to break her out and surprise some people. Psychological warfare is probably the best thing Eve has going for her atm... =/

Priamos

05-04-2010

Even with Doran's Ring, a Health Potion, and Smite, you fail to beat Golem at level 1 (though I didn't use defensive masteries or HP Quints) as Eve. I haven't tried an Elixir of Fortitute strategy, but maybe Eve isn't supposed to do Golem first. I'll wait to see a suggested path for Eve before trying her again.

Although Eve still really sucks, jungling does get past her horrible laning phase game, and a completely unaccounted for Evelyn can be useful, since surprise is all she's got.

Akyio

05-04-2010

Hmm but seriously, eve passive works on minions, so you take 50% reduced damage from minions, not neutral creeps.
Because i was trying to kill 2 small golems and how pwned lol.

nicosharp

05-04-2010

I've never had trouble jungling with Eve in the past, I will do a run of it tonight to test. She def gets hit hard, but I think her passive still works on creeps.. Maybe not.. I think creeps should be counted as minions in all regards (even though they are not). I haven't had a lot of time to test things lately, and have let this thread collect dust. My apologies.

Marid King

05-04-2010

Have done extensive testing with Trynd Jungling, here's my 2 cents

Champion Name: Tryndamere (Tier 3)

Strengths - Self heal + Attack damage, decent AOE damage spell, excellent escape, does not need to do golem or lizard at lvl 1.

Weaknesses - Jungling REQUIRES the use of Smite, taking away from his two essential Summoner spells of Ghost and Cleanse. Trynd is also a slow creep killer, and he will generally be 1-2 levels behind everyone else when jungling. Additionally, he requires intimate knowledge of when to Bloodlust heal, or else he will level too slow or die.

Item start and quick rough build - Either AP or Fortitude potion, x5 HP pots. Build to Executioners calling for lifesteal, then MUST rush infinity edge. Do NOT get attack speed pot with crit %, Bloodlust heals will be too weak or you will not have enough health.

Summoner skills/runes/masteries (1 line quick list) - AP runes NEEDED to enable heal, flat crit chance, Smite. Unfortunately, Tryndamere has little choice but to go 21/0/9, or 19/0/11, or else he will be suffer lategame. MUST get AP, Crit damage, Crit chance, and + Experience. + damage to minions and + damage STRONGLY reccommended.

jungle pattern - Small camp by Big golem, Bloodlust immediately after fight. Teamside Ghosts, then other camp by Lizard- bloodlust when neccessary. Up to enemy side to kill Ghosts and lizard or golem side small camp. Return to kill ghosts. BPill.

Bonegnasher

05-04-2010

Great guide, but it'd be even better if you included the times when the creeps spawn for rookies like me.