The Jungler's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnCataldo

04-30-2010

Sion can jungle from level 1, though he's clearly not Tier 1. I've done it quite a few times. You practically have to take Vampiric Sceptre for life gain and you can't take your stun for a while; you need the damage from Enrage and your shield to keep you alive.

I haven't tried it since Rally doesn't heal anymore, so it might be more difficult, aka Tier 3 now. (People seem to think, "No longer heals surrounding allies" means it still heals the Rally-dropper, but it just means "allies surrounding the Rally", which includes YOU.)

Ashtorath

04-30-2010

You might add something about Shaco's JitB nest building to start the jungle ball rolling.

If shaco rushes to a buff spawn point, he can plant enough jitb to take out the buff mob (both on SR & TT). Once the buff mob spawns, hit it once and pull it into the nest. It's important to make the nest far enough from the spawn point that won't target the smaller adds, but not so far that the mob will leash.

This strategy is also pretty gank safe. Even if several people wander upon your location, your nest should save you from the gank...and maybe turn the gank around.

I like to buy a mana pot (armor, 2hp, 1mp); some people like to recall and run back just in time for the mob spawn.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCataldo View Post
(People seem to think, "No longer heals surrounding allies" means it still heals the Rally-dropper, but it just means "allies surrounding the Rally", which includes YOU.)
good to know. Haven't tested it so I was not sure.

MuffinLung

04-30-2010

So after laning with Tryndamere a lot, I got a bit bored of the same old same old. So I decided to try jungling with him. And let me tell you, Jungling with Trynd can be tricky (not easy mode like WW). It can be VERY good but not that great either. I don't really agree with him being Tier 3, I would say Tier 2, but still don't let that discourage you; he can be awesome at jungling. I have experimented a lot with jungling Trynd, with many starting item variations including early lifesteal, elixir, and crit. Below are my recommendations and analysis.
I know you want it short and concise, so this may be a bit long...

Tryndamere - Tier 3
Strengths:
- Great survivability with Bloodlust (don't even need lifesteal).
- Spinning slash's AoE is very effective against wolves and ghosts especially.
- Spinning slash lets him move through terrain to jungle faster.
- His Ult and Spinning Slash can be used as escape mechanisms if you get into trouble with enemies.
- Mocking shout helps Trynd with ganking.
- Don't need to worry about mana.

Weaknesses:
- Relies a lot on Crits for bloodlust early on (if you don't get any crits when fighting two golems at level 1 or 2, it will be a very close fight)
- Spinning Slash costs Health to use, which is limiting when jungling, ESPECIALLY early on. Use it wisely.
- Managing when to pop your Bloodlust stacks can be tricky. It is risky to wait for another crit to build one more stack for more health.
- While Mocking Shout is effective for ganking, Trynd doesn't really have an amazing ability to surprise enemies from coming out of the bushes... He doesn't have a battle-changing ult like Warwick has.

Item Start and Build:
- Smite is HIGHLY recommended as a summoner spell. Ghost is also good, as it allows you to move from camp to camp quicker.
- Starting items should be cloth armor + 5 potions. Go straight for Madred's claws. Then attack speed boots. Then get Recurve Bow, then pickaxe and finish off Madred's Razor. Executioner's calling next (this is optional, but the lifesteal can help late game). Then 2 Zeals and then Infinity Edge.
- Another option would be to get Elixir of Agility to help with Bloodlust Crits, and then go straight for 2 Avarice Blades, but that's a build I'd have to test more.

Jungle Pattern:
- Do NOT go straight for Lizard, way too risky for Trynd. Instead, go to the 2 golems/3 wolves. After this you should be level 2. Then go for 4 ghosts (with Spinning Slash it will be much easier). Keep doing this for every section until you are at 700 gold, then upgrade to Madred's Claws and then go for Lizard (you will need Smite ready).
- Trynd can get the Dragon by level 5, but level 6 is more realistic and safe.

malphismia

04-30-2010

Malphite - Tier 2
strength - passive shield regenerates between camps, W and E are both aoe and help to do small creeps quicker, after you get ninja tabi + dodge runes, you dodge enough that your shield barely breaks
weakness - smite is required to be able to jungle quick enough, no good escape mechanism, low mana pool (lives off of golem until you get mana manip)
item start and build - Cloth Armor, 5x HP pots --> ninja tabi (dodge), soul shroud (CDR/need 1 mana item), then build sunfire capes
jungle pattern - start at golem --> small creeps, recall at ~1000 gold so you can buy tabi + mana manip (in solo q, golem buff gets stolen, even from your own team, you need your own supply of mana)

Priamos

04-30-2010

I tried jungling with Amumu today, once in practice mode, then in a real game. In the real game, the other team's WW ganked me while I was on the wraith camp, and stole my buff lol.

So I've decided to revise my strategy with Amumu: if the other team has a good WW, start laning right after you get Golem, which can be done even without flat HP quints and Heal, so long as you have Smite.

congalong

05-01-2010

I've seen tons of Shen jungle. Any light on how they do this? I'm guessing smite, attack speed runes to maximize vorpal efficiency with skills going in vorpal/feint now with the new feint mechanic.

Louise

05-01-2010

shen moves so slow or something. when i jungle with him i always fall behind and i feel it's because of his crawl speed...

using feint also just felt like a waste of energy

Madawc

05-01-2010

i jungle tryndamere whenever i play him.
he can outlevel the duo lanes and hits level 6 when mid is hitting level 7

i get 18% crit chance and 28Ap@18 from my runes and roll 0/21/9

vamp scepter
zeal+boots
merc treads
infinity edge
last whisper
youmus ghostblade
bloodthirster
phantom dancer

cleanse+smite

hes a fast jungler but his weakness is he needs to hit lv5 to kill lizard and golem

i usualy clear my jungle then move to the enemy jungle

if the other team has a jungler i clear my jungle then check the enemies creep above there golem is those are gone i lane till lv5 then continue jungling

ive been carrieing as trynd

an the recent blood lust cooldown buff tremendously helped his jungling

his jungling is very fast yet he has trouble with the buffs at early levels, with red+blue buff he can kill dragon at level 7 with only vamp scepter

JohnCataldo

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by congalong View Post
I've seen tons of Shen jungle. Any light on how they do this? I'm guessing smite, attack speed runes to maximize vorpal efficiency with skills going in vorpal/feint now with the new feint mechanic.
I think you've got the basic idea down. Just not sure he's Tier 1. I may try it in a practice game just to see, though.